Christmas?!

Happy

Well after a pretty bad day I walked to the school to collect my children and show them the house with the decs and the Santa train. The look on their faces was an absolute picture, something I will never tire of no matter how early it is. I had some pennies I gave them to put in the donation box, the excited chatter on the way home put a ruddy spring in my step. So whoever wants to put their decs up early then go ahead

Which reminds me Alan (aka Happy) did you put yours up? If so, where's the ruddy pics :default_biggrin:

Grace x :default_xmas2:

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Well after a pretty bad day I walked to the school to collect my children and show them the house with the decs and the Santa train. The look on their faces was an absolute picture, something I will never tire of no matter how early it is. I had some pennies I gave them to put in the donation box, the excited chatter on the way home put a ruddy spring in my step. So whoever wants to put their decs up early then go ahead

Which reminds me Alan (aka Happy) did you put yours up? If so, where's the ruddy pics :default_biggrin:

Grace x :default_xmas2:

Hi ya Gracie.  To be honest - not yet!  I did wonder if people might not take it as intended - so leaving until tommorow!

So I reckon the weather forecast for Hawkinge will be raining and blowing a gail, but who cares.  I will try and send a 'photo

but there 'aint that many, its the thought that counts!  Keep safe, keep well and have a good one.:default_beerchug::default_xmas3:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I was pulled over by a policeman yesterday. Allegedly he had been trying to overtake me and I had not pulled over to let him through because I was 'oblivious to his lights'. 
"Try putting your siren on matey." was my reply.
"The lights should have alerted you."
"Look behind your car."
He turned to look behind his car parked on the main drag into town, each house along the road festooned with flashing blue and red lights, several of the nearest flashing in unison with those on his patrol car.
"Oh. My apologies sir."
He put his siren on as he pulled out into traffic.

I was informed this evening by my neighbour that the best Christmas lights in the area are mine. I was a bit confused as I don't have any Christmas lights up. Apparently it's the light spilling from my shed when I'm working. It looks warm and cosy in contrast to the mostly blue lights everyone else has put up. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Timbo said:

I was pulled over by a policeman yesterday. Allegedly he had been trying to overtake me and I had not pulled over to let him through because I was 'oblivious to his lights'. 
"Try putting your siren on matey." was my reply.
"The lights should have alerted you."
"Look behind your car."
He turned to look behind his car parked on the main drag into town, each house along the road festooned with flashing blue and red lights, several of the nearest flashing in unison with those on his patrol car.
"Oh. My apologies sir."
He put his siren on as he pulled out into traffic.

I was informed this evening by my neighbour that the best Christmas lights in the area are mine. I was a bit confused as I don't have any Christmas lights up. Apparently it's the light spilling from my shed when I'm working. It looks warm and cosy in contrast to the mostly blue lights everyone else has put up. 

The Norfolk Air Ambulance has a night capability. For most of the year blue flashing lights at say 1000 ft give a reasonable indication of the scene of an emergency. 

I suspect that in difficult weather conditions they could do without the additional challange of conflicting blue lights.

Andrew.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Happy said:

Hi ya Gracie.  To be honest - not yet!  I did wonder if people might not take it as intended - so leaving until tommorow!

So I reckon the weather forecast for Hawkinge will be raining and blowing a gail, but who cares.  I will try and send a 'photo

but there 'aint that many, its the thought that counts!  Keep safe, keep well and have a good one.:default_beerchug::default_xmas3:

:default_icon_e_surprised:  Lights update.  My son, who is the Landlord of our local pub came round to help put up the lights..Whilst having

a quck coffee before we started it came up on tv that Kent will be 3 after lockdown.  Did'nt put either of us in the right

mind so lights still in garage which is where they will probably stay now.  He had decorated the pub with lights ready

for re-opening on 3rd!  I think he is taking them all down at the moment.  What is there to be cheerful about witjh that

news?

• Sad 4

Alan I am so sorry to hear this. We're going into tier 2, up from tier 1 as from next week. Perhaps a few Christmas lights might cheer you up a tad but I understand how you feel. I'm feeling sad too, so my mum, children and I are putting ours up this weekend and if people don't like it, they can lump it :default_biggrin:

Try and stay positive and as Ian says maybe a better New Year for all of us

Stay safe x

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I would normally have put our outside lights up over this coming weekend and switched them on on 1st December, but looked at the weather forecast and decided to do them today.  Although cold, at least it was sunny. We’ve now been elevated into tier two too, so we will be planning a visit to The Broads soon and hopefully, get our anticipated ruby anniversary meal at The Ferry House too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mouldy said:

I would normally have put our outside lights up over this coming weekend and switched them on on 1st December, but looked at the weather forecast and decided to do them today.  Although cold, at least it was sunny. We’ve now been elevated into tier two too, so we will be planning a visit to The Broads soon and hopefully, get our anticipated ruby anniversary meal at The Ferry House too.

They look fabulous. Good for you x

• Like 1

We put all our outdoors and indoors Christmas lights and decs at the weekend...

Now the rest of the street has put theres up ....

This depressing year has brought enough doom and gloom... And now with this Lockdown .. And this Tier rating system is a total joke...

Merry Christmas everyone 

• Like 4

And this Tier rating system is a total joke...

You're not wrong.  The one city that has more huge numbers of folk ignoring the social distancing rule (Protests, gatherings and the like) is   -   Yes  -  London

London tier? - 2 - Total joke

Never saw that one coming did we now? :default_smiley-angry047:

Griff

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

kent has one town with the lowest rate in the country, and another with the highest, so we are tier 3, not a nice reward to the town with the lowest infection rate, me - I live in an area where 1/3 of the population is students, so we have a medium to high rate as they are all still mixing ion classes, and getting their herd immunity, while us older members of society and the clinically vulnerable hide behind our walls and do our best to avoid catching it. Still shopping has to be done, and I have a feeling I will need to take my parents shopping this weekend too as it has been a month since I last took them, they cannot do the heavier shopping on their own as they need someone with a car to get them to the shops and carry their shopping home.

• Like 1

Guest Jayfire
On 20/11/2020 at 20:15, Happy said:

Your thoughts please.

Sorry mate, I'm late to this thread but I would say get your lights and decorations up as and when you please, sod anybody not feeling the same way, it's not hurting them to see a joyous festive scene during the winter. And in these current times we could all do with a little brightening up. 

I'm pretty sure nobody will be surprised to know that my decorations are in the process of being put up, well it does take a few weeks complete you know :default_xmas2:

On 20/11/2020 at 20:28, Gracie said:

I know someone who would have his lights and decs up in September if he could get away with it :facepalm:x

:default_xmas2:

:default_smiley-angelic002:

59 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

Sorry mate, I'm late to this thread but I would say get your lights and decorations up as and when you please, sod anybody not feeling the same way, it's not hurting them to see a joyous festive scene during the winter. And in these current times we could all do with a little brightening up. 

I'm pretty sure nobody will be surprised to know that my decorations are in the process of being put up, well it does take a few weeks complete you know :default_xmas2:

:default_smiley-angelic002:

:default_xmas3:  Well I gave in and we put them up this morning - best news now would be that the pub can re-open!?

Whatever - Keep safe all of you, try to be happy and have a good one.  :594c04f570582_default_happyparty:

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Happy said:

:default_xmas3:  Well I gave in and we put them up this morning - best news now would be that the pub can re-open!?

Whatever - Keep safe all of you, try to be happy and have a good one.  :594c04f570582_default_happyparty:

Ahh good stuff Alan 

Merry Christmas :default_xmas6: That'll wind em up :default_norty: x

• Like 4