Women Boat Building

Andrewcook

Hi Andrew

I took your post as it was intended to be taken and had a bit of a giggle with it, you are so right we are in need of a laugh at the moment

As for your comment earlier about women taking over everything, we indeed have, when we eventually rule the world there will be no wars or conflict, just a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other  :default_biggrin: x

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Andrewcook said:

I was hoping a few Women Members of the NBN Forum would have a go back a bout us men

All I can say is that I avoided reading this topic until this morning because I knew that it would only wind me up. Timbo’s post was the redeeming feature. Otherwise far too much sexist conversation for my sense of humour bypass to cope with! 

Guest Jayfire
1 hour ago, SwanR said:

Otherwise far too much sexist conversation for my sense of humour bypass to cope with! 

Ah sorry Jean, if you mean any of my comments I was only talking my usual silly nonsense and meant no offence to you or anyone else. You know I love all you gorgeous ladies more than all these male bores really :default_biggrin:

:default_icon_kiss:

First ever job was a maintenance fitter in a very large engineering and assembly plant 90 % of the workers was women and let me tell you smutty jokes and sexual innuendos doesn't even come close it ......that said some of the most skilled people I have ever worked with worked there and it was a pleasure and that was over 40years past 

The work place is changing .we currently have two young ladies working on hgvs tractors and plant that have off their own merits gained much respect from what was a very Male oriented role . and from what I see whilst in that department not afraid in shelling out workplace banter 

Finny

• Like 1

I’ll second that finny. I left school and went into training in an Aircraft factory where whole departments consisted of women. They were the welders, press operators, riveters, assemblers and all sorts. drafted in during the war when the men were away and no way were they giving up their independence even though the war was long over As a young lad I was terrified of some of them and I would rather walk outside in the rain and snow past their departments than risk walking through it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

As a young apprentice back in the late seventies, I was loaned to our companies tv/radio dept to help install a tannoy system in a very large local hosiery company.

Large floor full of female machinists. Scared the bloody living daylights out of me. And going up the steps was mighty risky!

I know of someone who was the victim of upskirting, it's an invasion on your person, you feel violated to a degree. It's disgusting and not acceptable by or to either of the sexes. I don't mind a bit of banter, I was raised with two older brothers and work (when I went into work) with men. I can handle some banter with the rest of them but there is a line that should never be crossed 

Back on topic, I have actually built a boat.....out of Lego with my two little ones, does that count :default_biggrin: x

• Like 3

We had a Scotsman in our unit who played the pipes he had many invites to play at weddings, when he did he could guarantee that he would have his kilt lifted and not allsways by young girls and he always scored  i never heard him complain or be distressed by it. John

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gracie said:

I know of someone who was the victim of upskirting, it's an invasion on your person, you feel violated to a degree. It's disgusting and not acceptable by or to either of the sexes. I don't mind a bit of banter, I was raised with two older brothers and work (when I went into work) with men. I can handle some banter with the rest of them but there is a line that should never be crossed 

Back on topic, I have actually built a boat.....out of Lego with my two little ones, does that count :default_biggrin: x

Bang on the money Gracie 

And a boat is a boat - even of its stuck together by little plastic bricks :default_icon_liar:

Finny 

• Haha 1