Sub Title To My Day, My Weekend

ZimbiIV

Gentlemen,

Beware of that thing called woman.

A few weeks ago Jill mentioned that she was struggling with the round door handles on the bedroom doors (arthritis).

On Saturday I was in Toolstation and saw a lever on rose door handle (cheap) and bought one to try on a door.

That is so much easier she said.

Right I will look for 3 replacement brass ones to match  the rest of the doors.

NO I prefer the chrome one!

So on Sunday at 3pm I ordered 12 pairs of better quality, Chrome, suitable ones to replace the brass ones fitted on the interior doors, they arrived today at 10:30 am (impressive). 

Sorry she said the light switches do not look right now.

So 4 switches ordered, guess what I maybe doing tomorrow.

So a cheap nasty door handle so far has cost £300.

paul

• Like 4
  • Haha 11
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, ZimbiIV said:

Gentlemen,

Beware of that thing called woman.

A few weeks ago Jill mentioned that she was struggling with the round door handles on the bedroom doors (arthritis).

On Saturday I was in Toolstation and saw a lever on rose door handle (cheap) and bought one to try on a door.

That is so much easier she said.

Right I will look for 3 replacement brass ones to match  the rest of the doors.

NO I prefer the chrome one!

At this point I would of pointed out that chrome show`s up fingerprints a lot more than brass and I wouldn`t want my darling polishing door handles every day. :default_biggrin:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

Darling, those doors really need painting, don`t you agree sweetie?

"So they do. You know where the brushes are."

I do most things round the house, but glossing is a "pink job" here. Mostly because it sends me into a slightly psychotic rage.

• Haha 2

'Pink Job' - Nice one, not heard that way of putting it before.

There are certain 'Pink Jobs'  around our hovel too but not many.  In fact I can only think of just one definite 'Pink Job' and that is dusting, especially ornaments.  Having said that when MrsG left me for an eight month duration I had no choice but to engage in that excruciating pastime.  There are other 'Pink Jobs' that I'm capable of but don't engage purely because usually I can't be bothered or to be more honest I just don't have the time as my job takes up fifty hours minimum per week whereas MrsG's should only be 24 Hrs - but due to this covid is normally a lot more nowadays

Griff

• Like 3

Pink jobs and blue jobs. Or in our case quite a bit of role reversal. I work full time and hubby is retired. That means he mostly does the housework although I mostly still cook the dinner. He does the ironing midweek and I do it at the weekend. But here’s the best bit ... he knows how the vacuum cleaner works and I don’t!! :default_rofl:

Being ex-forces he’s always been the one who likes things kept tidy. :default_drink_2:

• Like 1

I normally pack the wife and daughter off to the mother in laws for the weekend when any decorating needs doing - less of a headache.

In lockdown I can't and she's nagging to do some  - trouble is it's impossible:

" clean up at the end of the day" " I need to get there" " look at the mess you're making"

Plus my decorating engine runs on beer and curry, which tends to be frowned upon

For the first time in our married life Mick has been ironing and he has emptied the dishwasher , not a sudden want to do either just a necessary requirement as I’ve been diagnosed with frozen shoulder and can hardly move my right arm at present and am in constant pain, it’s nice to have a little help for a change !

• Like 2

I'm retired and the boss works full time , from home since last March. I do a fair few bits round the house ( It' a bit awkward dusting round her) but I have a Doctors note confirming i'm allergic to the ironing board.😃

• Haha 2

Despite being a sparky, some domestic appliances like the iron and washing machine are way way too technical for me to possibly operate.........

current kitchen refurbishment has turned into a bit of an epic though, now involving lounge and dining rooms too. Strange how one thing seems to lead to another (expensive) one!

1 hour ago, SwanR said:

Pink jobs and blue jobs. Or in our case quite a bit of role reversal. I work full time and hubby is retired. That means he mostly does the housework although I mostly still cook the dinner. He does the ironing midweek and I do it at the weekend. But here’s the best bit ... he knows how the vacuum cleaner works and I don’t!! :default_rofl:

Being ex-forces he’s always been the one who likes things kept tidy. :default_drink_2:

I'm serving now, but working from home. Which as a drill instructor, range officer and army bandsman is quite difficult. My wife on the other hand works for Amazon in the fulfilment centre at East Midlands Aiport, so she's working 60 hour weeks on night shifts. The result being a bit of role reversal for us from "traditional" jobs. I'm doing all the cooking and cleaning around my remote training, and she's doing her best to trash the place when she's in and awake!

18 minutes ago, Woodie said:

current kitchen refurbishment has turned into a bit of an epic though, now involving lounge and dining rooms too. Strange how one thing seems to lead to another (expensive) one!

That's how our kitchen refurb started. We'd done the lounge and dining room (well, I had, with her "supervision") and then she comes out with "oh, I'm not sure the kitchen works now all the colours are wrong with the dining room" :facepalm:

• Like 1

If it makes you feel better or worse, depending on how you feel.Since lockdown one ,last March.We have repainted Two bedrooms, the living and dinning room.The hall and stairways,outside walls and a tidy up.Not bad considering I was suffering from pneumonia. And I can do the ironing, all be it not often.

• Like 2