A Bit Of Gardening.

Chelsea14Ian

Tony and I are both passionate about gardening - we loathe it with a passion! How anyone can find it relaxing remains one of life's great mysteries to us. The 100's of bulbs coming up bear testament to the fact that we do it but it is very far from being a labour of love.

Carole

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Every time I jet wash our patio,I need jet washing myself. Covered in dirt.Did ours twice last year,will do it hopefully  once more before  we move.

Got rid of the jetwash ages ago when someone put me on to Patio Magic; spread with a watering can and you start to see a difference in a few days.

If you still use the jetwash, try applying washing up water (not after washing greasy pots!) first.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

Do it with the wind not against the wind and you won`t get covered. :default_biggrin:

We’re having Thai tonight, so there’s every possibility of wind tomorrow, but I won’t be jet washing the patio!!  😉😉

• Haha 1

I hate gardening. With a passion.

But I do like cruising, or sailing, on the Bure, the Ant, the Thurne.  Or the mighty Yare.  

That is my garden. That is where I feel safe,relaxed, free of the demands of those who wish to influence my way of life. 

To influence by intrusion. By phone, by television, by email, by post, by the Web, or by political ambition by the media in general.

The Broads provide a seclusion for those who know where to find it.

• Like 5

Given how much we dislike gardening the mistake  we once made was all the more catastrophic. We viewed a house one gloomy late afternoon in February. When we had  looked all over the house the vendor asked if we would like to go out into the garden. As it was pouring with rain we decided to content ourselves with a  look out the window. It looked pretty manageable - not too large. We moved in in May and discovered to our horror that what we had taken to be  the boundary fence was in fact a half way mark  with the same amount again behind it. The 14 Mature Oak and Ash all in excess of 80' high were not in someone elses' garden as we had erroneously assumed, but in ours!  Given that there was also 5 fruit trees and numerous miscellaneous other trees the Autumn clear up was the equivalent to  a new career.

Carole

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yesterday and this morning I got into my shorts to let the sun get to my legs. I dug out some gooseberry bushes which which have produced mouldy fruit every year for the past 5 years. I cleared out my polytunnel, moved some Japanese Anemones that have been causing a nuisance and did quite a lot of weeding, I now have a sore back and hands which are stung by nettles and pricked by thorns. Roll on boating!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1