Holiday Freedom

Andrewcook

8 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

april 12th self catering single household, that sounds like a boat to me, its a start.

I agree.  Unless owt changes on that ruling between now and then I'll be looking to be allowed to be onboard overnight commencing at 0001 on the 12th April

Griff

We should be arriving in the wet shed at about 0400 on 12th April, allowing for the 4 hour drive. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

What was said was "no sooner than 12th april", it can change so don't jinx it.

Very true.

Either way it is too late for our Thames trip so we are taking a full refund and buying a shed instead. We know how to live :default_laugh:

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

After June 21st can we all stay in your shed?

PS. I don't actually want to stay in your shed, I just want everyone else to stay in your shed so the rivers are clear for me....

They can stay in the shed or we have a couple of tents to choose from.

In fact, given how busy holiday accommodation is going to be this summer you might be onto something there...............

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JennyMorgan said:

Must admit that we stayed in our waterside shed during the first lockdown. Granted that it is effectively in our garden but it is not our main residence. Interesting question, never considered it before.

actually since it is in a separated part of your garden, it could be deemed to be a holiday home or second home :default_rofl:

12 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

april 12th self catering single household, that sounds like a boat to me, its a start.

I agree.  Unless owt changes on that ruling between now and then I'll be looking to be allowed to be onboard overnight commencing at 0001 on the 12th April

Griff

If I owned a boat I'd have my car loaded and running at 2359HRS 11 April!

• Like 2

The school holidays are selling fast. As for the 12th or 13th April for 4 nights (second week of many children's Easter holidays), there were 146 boats showing available this morning on Hoseasons. This evening, there are 150 to choose from! So if it doesn't look as though it will be busy, if your on the Broads then. 

16 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

Must admit that we stayed in our waterside shed during the first lockdown. Granted that it is effectively in our garden but it is not our main residence. Interesting question, never considered it before.

Is it subject to separate council tax banding as opposed to your house or included in the houses banding , if it is not separately banded then legally it is part of your main residence albeit detached from it 

12 hours ago, DAVIDH said:

146 boats showing available this morning on Hoseasons. This evening, there are 150 to choose from! So if it doesn't look as though it will be busy, if your on the Broads then. 

Until 17 May, self catering holidays are restricted to single households, so the yards may still see cancellations on larger boats - or offer discounts for smaller parties - in the first few weeks.  

• Like 1

Planning to make a day trip to our boat on or just after 29th March. Will be doing some maintenance checks ready for when we can once again 'overnight' on her from the 12th April onwards (fingers crossed).

It will have been a long four months that have passed but let us hope things start to improve for everyone, health wise, financially and for the economy to start to recover.

• Like 1