Richardsons Customer Service

andyg

Back in the olden days when I was a kid and my parents hired either on the Broads or the canals, dad always packed a few basic tools but the essentials not to forget were black tape and a wire coat hanger. Dad could fix a multitude of issues with those two items.  Even now if they are going away to an expensive hotel or somewhere, we still joke, “dont forget the black tape and wire coat hanger dad”  

Fond memories :)  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, BroadAmbition said:

Popped into reception this morning to purchase yet more elec cards for our shore supply in t wetshed 

There is a sign on reception door stating - No diesel or pump outs till middle of March

That’s a fair stretch

Griff

Good job Simpsons is not far away then.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Very sad day...we had a week booked onboard broads harmony for Sept with some very close friends we'd converted to being broads lover's. Unfortunately last weekend my best mate suffered a huge stroke and is now fighting for his life. Richardsons have been there usual self's and can't do enough to help. I would always recommend the company as I find there customers service 2nd to none. Heart breaking...

• Sad 9

1 hour ago, andyg said:

Very sad day...we had a week booked onboard broads harmony for Sept with some very close friends we'd converted to being broads lover's. Unfortunately last weekend my best mate suffered a huge stroke and is now fighting for his life. Richardsons have been there usual self's and can't do enough to help. I would always recommend the company as I find there customers service 2nd to none. Heart breaking...

That's vey sad news for you. I do  hope your friend pulls through with the minimum disruption to  his fuure life,

Carole

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Let me add my condolences too, Andy.  My father in law passed away whilst we were on Moonlight Shadow recently and although the wife was told by her family not to cut short our holiday and return home as there was nothing she could do, she has times when she breaks down remembering things in the past and other times, she seems to be coping remarkably well.

His passing wasn’t unexpected, but came sooner than we thought, so was more of a shock than it may have been.

Its a sad time for your friends family.  I hope that they are getting the support they need to help cope with their loss.  Stay strong for them - it’s hard but they must be devastated.

• Love 1

Thank you very much,tough day. We are due to be afloat next week. I've spoken with his wife this morning and we will still be going. It's what he would of wanted. Lol I remember the 1st time we met, day one of basic training at catterick. Anyone who has been through any form of military traing will totally understand the bond that's formed over them first weeks. It lasted 40 odd years. Il leave that there and thank you again for your kind wishes 🙏 

• Like 6
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, andyg said:

Thank you very much,tough day. We are due to be afloat next week. I've spoken with his wife this morning and we will still be going. It's what he would of wanted. Lol I remember the 1st time we met, day one of basic training at catterick. Anyone who has been through any form of military traing will totally understand the bond that's formed over them first weeks. It lasted 40 odd years. Il leave that there and thank you again for your kind wishes 🙏 

Very true Andy, March 23rd 1971 - started my basic training in Cambrai barracks, Catterick and have never looked back- great time and long lasting mates!

Chris

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, andyg said:

How true it is that military friendships last so many years. I married the son of one of my father's oldest friends whom he met during his service in the RAF during WW2.

Carole

• Like 1