Sad Sight

garryn

7 minutes ago, jeffbroadslover said:

I wonder if someone forgot to put the plug in,     after all it is a bath boat !     LOL

Jeff

I don't think LOL very appropriate for such a misfortune, for one of our Forum's Sponsors!

• Like 5

That really is a sad sight, from a technical point of view it would be interesting to know what happened in the fullness of time. But mostly whether private or hire you have to sympathise with the owner of any boat suffering from such an incident.

• Like 2

Always sad to see a boat like this. Something I've never got used to.  Each time  I  see a boat this has happened to I feel really sad, no matter how old a boat it is. In it's day it has looked beautiful and been loved by someone and if it's been a hire boat by many people and given pleasure. to many. That's what I always  find myself thinking.

Carole

• Like 4

Oh no Garry, that’s really really sad. She’s my favourite hire boat of them all, no other boat (except her near identical sister) with such a layout.
Last time I had her out (June21) the bilge pump float was sticking. But it kept it ON not off. I did report it. Hope it wasnt that problem again. 
I really hope she gets some attention urgently and back into the fleet asap. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, kpnut said:

Oh no Garry, that’s really really sad. She’s my favourite hire boat of them all, no other boat (except her near identical sister) with such a layout.
Last time I had her out (June21) the bilge pump float was sticking. But it kept it ON not off. I did report it. Hope it wasnt that problem again. 
I really hope she gets some attention urgently and back into the fleet asap. 

Both are very popular boats, I just had a look and there quite heavily booked for the season, she will be up and in the shed 2morrow unless it's something more serious. Fingers crossed. Got a feeling that's going to need a bit more then drying out tho. 

• Like 1

All in a days work for a set up like Stalham I would imagine. I would imagine water ingress into the bulk head walls galley cabinets etc and the electrical systems would mean more then just drying it out. But I'm no boat builder. Isn't the 2nd boat in the class a bounty design? But definitely a spanner in the works and really annoying if it has already been through the shed. 

Looking at this. picture not a very happy start of the New Boating Season but it should have been notified of this Boat Sinking if there was a Web Cam or a person in the Yard doing their daily checks on the outside to notice something was not right. Now all hands at the pump to refloat her and to sort out the Boat as soon as possible.

Andrew I'm sure the owners were fully aware it had sunk. Don't forget yards normally are working on a Monday to Friday basis this time of year. It could be they hadn't got the skilled staff available to re float it yesterday. I'm sure there on the case this morning. Or even worse something really has gone wrong and it's gonna need a big crane to lift her. But I'm sure that it will get sorted today. 

• Like 3

On 06/02/2022 at 18:02, jeffbroadslover said:

I wonder if someone forgot to put the plug in,     after all it is a bath boat !     LOL

Jeff

careful Jeff, attempting to bring a note of levity to the situation can be harmful to your health! I thought it was funny. 

I guess there are those who find something to smile about, even in adversity, and those who enjoy being miserable. Make some room behind the sofa for me too please. 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Paul said:

careful Jeff, attempting to bring a note of levity to the situation can be harmful to your health! I thought it was funny. 

I guess there are those who find something to smile about, even in adversity, and those who enjoy being miserable. Make some room behind the sofa for me too please. 

Totally agree, any more room for a small fatty behind the sofa il join you. 😀 

10 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Mmmm rum! I'm in, move over.

I chuckled I have to admit, but then there's not much I won't have a giggle about.

Here here...gotta have a good old larf. I won't show you a picture of the wife then...now where's me coat😉

• Like 2