How Busy Can It Get?

MauriceMynah

2 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

I might try that music trick Grendel,  sadly most of my music has no lyrics.  

How about Dawn and Siegfried's Rhine Journey, from Gotterdammerung?

I was up and around about 3 hours ago as well, but I slunk off back to bed without disturbing any of you . . . .

• Like 1

Find a very small thing to focus on, a small beam of light or whatever, and concentrate on trying your utmost to keep your eyes slightly open and focused on it.
I soon nod off if I do that.

Odd. I used a different word starting with c to describe a tiny bit of light, and perhaps implying someone from a large Asian country and the internet automatically put it as *****. Never had that happen before. 

• Like 1

We had a very early start this morning so went to bed early. Needless to say couldn't get to sleep, woke up every hour and to top it all we had two mini power cuts which set the bedside clock flashing twice and the phone bleeped because it lost power! It's going to be a long day. Currently waiting to board le Shuttle 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Ray said:

Cheers 🥃

I'm in the same boat, well not literally otherwise you'd have noticed. My trusted method which I'm about to employ is to find something like a "very interesting" podcast/radio program and follow it carefully. This method is so successful that over many years I have learnt absolutely nothing.

Goodnight 👍

Snooker.  That’s one thing guaranteed to send me to sleep.  Snooker.  I recognise the skill of the players and their ability to plan several shots in advance by planning where the cue ball will come to rest after each shot, but it just sends me to sleep.

3 hours ago, grendel said:

one trick I use is playing music very quietly in the background, then as i lay down i can barely hear it, so concentrate on trying to make out the words- leading me to drop straight off, my current background music is status quo.

Wouldn’t do it for me.  Nothing like a bit of Quo’s inimitable twelve bar to get the foot tapping.  Jean MichelJarre.  Remember him?  I bought the album Oxygene when it first came out and still haven’t heard it until the end.  That also sends me to sleep, without fail.

There’s a couple of ideas for you MM, watch some snooker or listen to Oxygene (the album). 😉

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

Nothing like a bit of Quo’s inimitable twelve bar to get the foot tapping.  

Softer Ride would work, then not work, then work... 😂 Love that track 👍

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Ray said:

Softer Ride would work, then not work, then work... 😂 Love that track 👍

I must have been Living on an Island, as I haven’t heard that one! 😂

• Like 2

To be honest I sleep like a log but I find getting up 6am ish and having a busy day does the trick. Try not to have a nap during the day. I usually have 30 minutes in the chair on an afternoon and then go on to have a good nine hours at night. I'm lucky I suppose. 

• Like 2

I think I might have a forum problem. For the most part of yesterday (Wednesday 24th April) I was unable to access the forum. Whenever I tried, the site would load then went straight into background,  at least I think that's where it went.   Suffice to say,  it wasn't open in a usable way.

If I went to close all apps, it showd the forum as active, if I then selected it, it would just repeat the process. The only way I found to access the forum was to do a Google search for it, and select it from there  even then it was temperamental sometimes loading, sometimes repeating the above problem.

Was there a problem with the forum or do I have a phone issue?

One other point, if I try to use a link to the EDP I have the same issue, even if accessing it from Google.

I am not having these problems with any other sites.

• Like 1

MM, I took have an issue usually when running an older browser on my Linux machine ( the one I run in the background while working) this shows me the forum, but doesn't allow me to post, so your issue may be an out of date browser on your phone. I just live with it as I have 3 other machines I could post an answer with, all easily to hand.

I sometimes find a misbehaving app is cured by forcing it to stop so next time you open it it has to reload.

Settings > Apps > (name of app) > Force Stop

This is Android, I'm not familiar with iphones.

• Thanks 1

Back on the subject, once fully off 10-30 seconds should do, probably better that just a restart.

Other trick is to open settings-> Apps-> your browser-> clear cache (under storage setting on my samsung)

Assuming android, know nowt about anything begining with an i.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

Well now, I have a quick question but I'd rather not say why I'm asking!!

Is there a water point at the Irstead mooring?

I've never moored there.

No water point at Irstead unfortunately. Nearest one is Gaye’s Staithe. Irstead does have a bottle bank and a general waste skip thingy though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MauriceMynah said:

Ahh, pity. Looking for a spot with leccy, water and granite chip walkway. Oh and a long way from a pub. Woodchip walkway will do.

The woodchip at Irstead seems to be topped up fairly regularly. The last couple of times we’ve stopped there (this year and a couple of years ago) it looked new anyway. 

• Like 1