Reform The Broads Authority

BroadAmbition

3 minutes ago, floydraser said:

I respectfully disagree Vaughan. BRAG in whatever form is presently the best place to discuss tactics for the wanted reform. Discussion in other places just spreads out the information.

This forum is perfect just as it is; well moderated and good content. Please let us not return to the old BA bashing days. Oh dear, I appear to have run out of ink....:default_gbxhmm:

From someone who has experience of trying this in the past I do understand the issues that BRAG is dealing with right now.

I am not advocating that The NBN take over as THE medium for BRAG IMHO it would not work even if the software allowed it to which I don't believe it can.

All I am asking for is a declaration of intent to support BRAG financially which once again IMHO they are going to need sooner rather than later.

And then they can gauge the true measure of support from us " Little People"

I believe I made my views on this matter clear in an earlier post.

If your suggestion is that this forum offer financial support, that is a definite No,

They have a platform, directly linked to their members, that is where any appeal for funds should be made, if that is their plan going forward, not here.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, FlyingFortress said:

All I am asking for is a declaration of intent to support BRAG financially which once again IMHO they are going to need sooner rather than later.

And then they can gauge the true measure of support from us " Little People"

You are correct I think, that they will soon be in need of financial support. I'm sure they would be pleased to hear from you and anyone else with cash to spare for the cause and by all means mention it here but please don't suggest anyone not prepared to chip in doesn't support the movement. 

• Like 1

Sadly, when something like BRAG is seen to be attracting suport against the official line, it attracts the attention of individuals who are actually 'the enemy within'.

I have experienced this myself in an earlier life and it is interesting when one starts digging what you can expose.

All I will say is, take care.

30 minutes ago, ExSurveyor said:

I believe I made my views on this matter clear in an earlier post.

If your suggestion is that this forum offer financial support, that is a definite No,

They have a platform, directly linked to their members, that is where any appeal for funds should be made, if that is their plan going forward, not here.

Not my intention at all.

I was only asking individual members to declare if they were prepared to financially support BRAG

12 minutes ago, FlyingFortress said:

Not my intention at all.

I was only asking individual members to declare if they were prepared to financially support BRAG

And I would ask you again not to.

It is for the committee of the group to canvass support on their own platform, if that is the route they decide to take.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, floydraser said:

You are correct I think, that they will soon be in need of financial support. I'm sure they would be pleased to hear from you and anyone else with cash to spare for the cause and by all means mention it here but please don't suggest anyone not prepared to chip in doesn't support the movement. 

I suppose it could be viewed that way but once again that was not my intention.

This is why you,and by that I mean me, needed to run my opinions before a committee before I embarked on a policy when I ran a successful campaign against a County Council.

My committee pulled me up on a few things during this period and I am very thankful that they did 😥

• Like 1

Just a personal opinion but I don't believe that BRAG is intended as a discussion or debating group in the accepted sense, it is a single purpose group open to suggestions, proposals and factual information to achieve its goals and as such far more suited than this or any other forum.

To attract as much input as possible it has started out as an open group, sadly as we all know only to well this leaves you vulnerable to anyone with the will and ulteria motives to disrupt, mislead or divert, I am sure given the support they have a way will be found.

Fred

• Like 2

Any open group on faceache will always find members that are only there to stir their own needs, the one that just want to disrupt anything and everything, the same as so many protests end up in a riot by people that never had any interest in protesting just wanted a riot.

That's not to say the majority are like that in any way, just that the problem people will always be the loudest and over-run the majority.

And one of the many reasons why I don't do faceache.

I would join in with donations if they get it into a proper format but some of the posts I saw last time I nosed in there just turned me away.

I agree that this forum is not and never was a campaigning group and should stay that way, I do however feel members should be free to voice their support of BRAG and pass on information regarding the the work and aims of BRAG, it's in every broads users interest as long as it stays on course, but of course if it just becomes another place for idiots to hurl abuse around I'll steer well clear.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Meantime said:

In the meantime though this forum is still open for posting because it's not embroiled in politics. Continues to be the light relief that most want.

I don't get involved in threads like this normally but I have to agree with MT on this statement

This forum is excellent for that light relief and friendliness we have become so good at and famous for, if we became political all that would be lost as well as many lovely members.

We can still give our support to the Broads through this forum without getting too political and the nastiness that comes with it

The pesky Mods do an excellent job too, well done to the team and thank you x

• Like 8
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Gracie said:

I don't get involved in threads like this normally but I have to agree with MT on this statement

This forum is excellent for that light relief and friendliness we have become so good at and famous for, if we became political all that would be lost as well as many lovely members.

We can still give our support to the Broads through this forum without getting too political and the nastiness that comes with it

The pesky Mods do an excellent job too, well done to the team and thank you x

You are not after a pay rise are you Gracie - praising up the Mods!!       Only joking...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Hylander said:

You are not after a pay rise are you Gracie - praising up the Mods!!       Only joking...

Heavens forbid that Gracie would attempt to solicit any form of financial payment, in return for her unwavering support of the forum management and moderating team.

... a bottle or three of Rosé - now that is a different proposition altogether :409_wine_glass:

• Haha 3

Here we have two separate entities.  The NBN and BRAG. For the NBN to show itself to be supporting BRAG would be contrary to its own TOS. To condone others posting in favour of BRAG, equally so.

It is imperative that this forum remains unbiased in such matters. However, it is equally important that things like this can be, and are, discussed openly and only moderated if lines are crossed.

If BRAG calls for funding, there should be no bar for members to discuss that call, and possibly even suggesting others to answer it, but the forum itself has to remain above it and it has to ensure that anybody who disagrees, still has a voice to say so.

Thus far, I think this tricky tightrope is being handled well, and long may that remain so.

For my part, yes I support the current aims of BRAG, but until I know how any money collected will be used and controlled, I shall be keeping my short arms outside my long pockets.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

I’m not sure what’s going on here, but the posting of random pictures on this thread has got a bit weird. Yes, I’ve posted so many pics of my own dogs on NBN, but I thought this thread was supposed to be about the current concerns about the BA? Have I missed something? 

• Like 6