Winter & Spring

Andrewcook

This Barmy Warmth Weather we've  been having has led to premature Spring to Winter coming back with a vengeance from the last days few days of February till the beginning of March as there still be some Private and Hiring Boaters going out such as Mooring up Ranworth Staithes that taking the chance of being Frozen in due Temperatures falling at night time or is best to stay on the Main River such as St Bennetts Abbey Moorings for instance to the part Spring /Winter Cruising 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Andrewcook said:

As there are now reports of Sub Zero Temperatures and Snow being forecast for the beginning of March for the City of London will this be the same for the whole of Norfolk? This week will be the Start of Zero Temperatures? and how accurate is the weather forecast nowadays 

I wouldn’t read too much into the forecast yet.  In reality, they struggle to accurately predict what will happen tomorrow sometimes, never mind in two or three weeks time.  That said, it’s still early in the season and some cold weather can realistically be expected.  It’s not uncommon at this time of the year.

All you can do is take it as it comes.  Over the years, I’ve seen snow in April, put our heating on in August and experienced unseasonably high temperatures in February.  Last year we went to Cornwall in June and it rained almost every day.

This is the UK.  You should know what to expect, with respect.  Here is the long range forecast from the MetOffice website, so not the subject of misinterpretation by social media:

9A812CBE-E7D6-4B88-9A72-A71A450E49A8.thumb.jpeg.9f0b36f638e6be271fafc7b73495d9e0.jpeg

• Like 1

All I know is once the weather breaks and Spring sets in what a treat we are in for. I love spring, everything comes to life, the blossom on the trees smell divine and what a sight to see a carpet of bluebells in woodland. The fox cubs, just a few weeks old playing in the garden and the tiny ducklings on our local lakes. 

The Broads coming alive, boats being readied for the months ahead, the boat yards coming to life, what's not to love about Spring

I shouldn't worry about the forecasts, 9 times out of 10 they are wrong. Just peep out the window and make your own mind up as to what the weather is going to be and plan your day accordingly, just don't forget your brolly :default_biggrin:

:default_winko: x

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Andrew - I wouln't get too stressed about what is being said in some of the " Press" about cold weather at the end of the month just yet!

It will get colder there is no doubt as currently it is unseasonably warm, and it is certain to get colder as it is still winter, but there are plenty of forecasts not predicting what you seem to suggest - it may well happen but there are plenty of other outcomes possible!!!!!

• Thanks 1

The weather is so unpredictable at this time of the year I’m hoping we escape the snow as my job is outside and I’ve gad a few days this winter where I couldn’t work due to ground being frozen !!! 

Im just enjoying the milder weather at the min. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, FlyingFortress said:

Except Britain. We have weather "

When the weather reports on the radio shipping forecast would say "precipitation within sight".

And meteorologists would call it "anti-cyclonic gloom".

It was said that if you could see Bristol from the Mendip Hills, then you knew that rain would be coming very soon.

And if you couldn't see it - you knew it was raining.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

nerdy time. watched the met forecaster explaining that the next 7 weeks weather is set in the next two weeks by the airflow reversing on the north pole. And as the counter air mass collide, the spin off air either drags air in from Siberia (beast from the east) or the Atlantic which can be most things but not really cold.

The point was, until the air mass settles, no one really knows what the future will be, and at best will take a couple of weeks to tell

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cheesey69 said:

nerdy time. watched the met forecaster explaining that the next 7 weeks weather is set in the next two weeks by the airflow reversing on the north pole. And as the counter air mass collide, the spin off air either drags air in from Siberia (beast from the east) or the Atlantic which can be most things but not really cold.

The point was, until the air mass settles, no one really knows what the future will be, and at best will take a couple of weeks to tell

That's not nearly as newsworthy as freezing cold doom and despair though, but pretty much as I understood it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lawrence said:

Really do hope the weather will be nice for me and missus April 8th to 15th on Brinks Omega. First time we have done spring usually do Sept to October. Couldn't find the fingers crossed emoji!

Easter week?  Bank holiday?  You know what happens usually on Bank Holidays! It’ll be perfect the following week when kids are back at school! :default_wink:

• Haha 3