Time To Put In A Reef

ChrisB

1 hour ago, NeilB said:

I’ve decided to stay on my home mooring, at least for this evening and see what tomorrow s like.

Nice warming curry tonight I think! 

The wind is supposed to be strong enough without your intervention, Neil! 😉

• Haha 4

We were up from Wednesday to Sunday. After getting drenched 3 times, and the thought of this weekends weather stuck on the boat, we packed up and came home toady. (Friday midday, leaving before more forecasted rain and the high winds over the weekend). 

Where has summer gone?

cheers 

Paul 

Summer will resume next Thursday when we come up for 6 weeks. 😎

We have 4 weeks peace and quiet then a trip back home for the weekend and to pick up all 4 grandchildren aged 8, 12, 14 and nearly 16.

They are with us for 6 days before being collected, we then have a week to recover before returning home.

The shetland will be double moored to provide overflow accommodation for the two grandsons.

15 hours ago, Bikertov said:

I'm meant to going down to the south coast early tomorrow, for the Goodwood Festival of Speed

Hope the weather picks up by then

Was gutted to find out last night that Goodwood has been cancelled today, due to the weather and for safety reasons. 

Apparently the first time in 30 years this has happened

Had been really looking forward to it 

As all the tickets for Sunday are sold, they are understandably not allowing entry tomorrow to Saturday ticket holders.  

• Sad 3

We must be mad.....

Planning on dinghy ride from beccles to geldeston locks later to give the leccy motor a workout, wish me luck!

Just walked across the grass at the yacht station surrounded by ankle height swallow buzzing all around not caring about us or the mut, must be bugs emerging. 

Well impressive display. :default_biggrin:

Looking at the long term forecast its not looking good till mid August weather seems set in this westerly flow and windy too. 

But im not one to take note of the long term forecast as it’s often wrong 🤞

Moored on the free moorings at Acle, boats either side are staying the night so felt safe enough to escape to the Bridge for a couple.  Garden is breezy but with warm sunshine!

Couple of moorings available at the pub and plenty on the old horizon site.