Broad Ambition - Underway on the H2O

2 hours ago, kpnut said:

Did I not see Pacific Spirit between Acle and Thurne yesterday when I was out walking? If so, you’ve covered a fair few miles in the past day. 

Not me 😜, only here for a week so staying south . 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

In Loddon on a monday night it is a legal requirement to pop in to the angel I hope you know......

And now I've given you an excuse.

What's special about the angel on a Monday night? 😉 

nbf15.thumb.jpg.d87d5c42531a3a8241973d4214295a2d.jpgWe berthed at Griffs corner for a couple of hrs pushing on into the wilderness. It was whilst enjoying a FCE alfresco that there was a huge thump from behind. Severe enough to dislodge aft rhond anchor. 

Damage - varnished coining - area cleaned off to bare wood. Ensign staff snapped clean off. Ensign stanchion ripped off coaming raising the timber splinters. Flagpole s/steel sleeve bent.

Other than that - nowt much!

Damage to hire boat - deep groove in Gell coat and another scuff

Hiter was extremely apologetic. He was trying to turn, but could not engage reverse. The bank astern of us stopped him. It was a Richo’s dual helm craft photo does not identify name so I hope it’s ok. 

Exchanged details, photos taken, Richo’s informed. I emphasised this must NOT spoil his holiday, (Yesterday was his first day out)

Griff

IMG_4553.jpeg

IMG_4549.jpeg

IMG_4547.jpeg

IMG_4546.jpeg

IMG_4545.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 8

sounds like the same design flaw that the boat in great yarmouth had where the boat can be driven from the upper helm without properly changing over the throttle from the bottom helm. in that it still apparently works in forward, but doesnt allow reverse.

I think that would be a learning point to be emphasised on handover.

so is it just a shortening of the flagstaff again until a new one can be fettled, at this rate you will need to carry a spare onboard

• Like 1

Well done Griff , you handled what could have been a holiday ruining incident for the hirer as a true gentleman .

Sometimes incidents happen which are no fault of the helm , last year we had our bow scraped whilst moored on Horning staithe when a strong gust caught a R45 whilst mooring causing it to blow across our bow with no hope of the thrusters holding it , the damage was sorted out by Richos quickly and to an excellent standard.

once again Griff ️ 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

We arrived back in t Wetshed early Wednesday afternoon having called in at Sutton Staithe yard for pump out plus 80 x Ltrs of diesel.  Cleaned through, stowed gear and departed for home - Took me four hours including a stop, the roads were busy

It was whilst at Ranworth staithe that our novice fisherman caught a beauty of a Bream off the staithe, he was fishing under guidance, this was caught on my rod, a single red maggot on t bottom

Griff

BA NBN 1351.JPG

• Like 12

1 hour ago, BroadAmbition said:

Hmmmmm,

That’s three craft including ‘B.A’ that reside in t wetshed have all suffered collision damage in one week!

All of em by Richo’s hirecraft 

Seems we got off lightly 

Richo’s are gonna be busy

Griff

And that’s why I stay down South don’t need the stress 😀

John

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jbx5 said:

And that’s why I stay down South don’t need the stress 😀

John

But when you get clobbered on the southern broads it can be worse due to the stronger tidal flow. Especially the nearer you get to Gt Yarmouth. 

• Like 1