Richardsons Acle

BroadScot

While browsing Richardsons website, I read this.... IMPORTANT NOTICE: For the 2017 season all Acle (Horizon Craft) boats will be run from our Stalham Marina.  

Unless I missed this when away last week, its certainly news to me! Wonder what's happening to the yard at Acle? 

Clive, anything of an update, please? Or is it all hush hush !

cheersIain

• Like 1

That's interesting Iain, well spotted! The first thing that springs to mind is where would they put them all? Not sure how many boats are at Horizon Craft maybe 30?

Of course all the Horizon boats go up there in the winter but I guess a good part of the fleet will be in the sheds at any one time. 

I had a look around Richardsons in December and it looked pretty full. There was very little in the way of mooring space. Most of the ex Swancraft boats were on hardstanding. I don't think they've sold many. Could be an interesting exercise in logistics! 

Last week on three occasions we were at the same moorings as older hire craft from both Stalham and Acle.

Again we noticed something that we have seen in previous years; the Acle boats seem to be in much better condition externally than the Stalham craft of similar vintage.

• Like 1

Is it just me, or do others agree, there are far too many boats at Stalham. Just imagine if all the private boats at Broads edge, all the hire boats from Rickos etc etc, were to all come out at once, it would be solid fibreglass all the way down the ant, and probably halfway Horning?.  I think it`s well past time that Rickos look at introducing a yard on the southern rivers.

• Like 2

There is already a thread on this in the Norfolk Broads News section.

In that it is pointed out the statement is FOR the 2017 season, which could mean it's a temporary move or Permanent, either way I would expect it's to allow for some building development.

From a business point of view, concentrating everything on one site must improve economics, especially if you can put something else to make money there. Though I hope it's not for more identikit housing.

I remember Clive writing that he didn't like the new log in procedure and loss of instant access to new postings following the hosting upgrade.