Ay-up! From South Yorkshire

Eddy Rush here from sunny South Yorkshire just popping by to say 'Hello' or 'Ayup' as we northerners say :Stinky

My girlfriend and I are looking forward to our 3rd boating holiday on the Broads on the weekend of the 16th Sept so if any of you are around then...please come and say hello.

We're easy to spot as we'll be the ones with the huge, but friendly/silly German Shepherd.

So happy to have found this lovely forum.

2VWmKnpEf20140606_210727_Edward_Rushs_conflicted_copy_2014-06-10.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks, it's lovely to be here.

It's only a short weekend break sadly, 16th to 19th.

We'll be starting out from Richardson's boat yard and then probably heading for the first pub on the route which I think is the Ferry Inn.

Then I think down to Barton Broads and then Wroxham, then we'll probably just potter around the North Broads.

Only a simple trip but we're so excited and can't wait.

• Like 1

Eee Bah Gum!

Ecky thump...it's Robin,  t' YouTube star :-)

Nice to see you on here Robin lad.

I'm a huge fan of your YT Channel and in fact have been watching your vids all this week gearing up for the holiday. Your boating reviews are excellent and we hired our first boat...the Salerno 2, on the strength of one of your reviews waaaay back in 2014 - my first boating holiday.

That badge thing is a fab idea, thanks :-)

• Like 1

Welcome,

The first pub en-route is appropriately http://www.thedogpub.co.uk/ just a couple of hundred yards up the road from Ludham Bridge, which I believe allows Big furry animals in the bar.

There are lot of Furry monsters on the Broads, our record is 4 on board, Rough collies.!! I have seen more...

I think half of Yorkshire comes down on the broads for a holiday and some permanently (SWMBO is from Rotherham) enjoy you trip

• Like 2

Welcome CaptainPugRush. If you slightly double-back from Richardson's, you could go to the Sutton Staithe Hotel/Inn. Very dog friendly and the food is good too. Also a nice bit of grass by the moorings for Murphy to bounce around on. Fingers crossed the weather is good for your long weekend, I believe you could be lucky...............! :Stinky

• Like 1

Hi welcome, we will be returning the boat into Stalham on the 16th so will pass each other whilst heading back to Leeds.

Saying that last 2 trips we've handed boat back late night before cause of appointments so by the time I'm on A1 it a clear run home.

• Like 1

Alan & Tan - Yes we've visited Womak Staithe back in 2014. I think the pub was The Kings Head or Kings Arms or something like that.

Very nice it was too so will definitely have a wander up there.

Hope you have a great time on your November trip...hope it's not too cold for you. :Sailing

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, grendel said:
2 hours ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Welcome  from me hope you enjoy your trip we are on the river but by then you may see our son Alan (jaws ocra) on his boat ocra

Best wishes Ian

some sort of vegetable?

No, He's no vegatable, I've met him, he's quite bright for a member of the NBN team.

• Like 2

:welcome: from me to.. Sorry I don't talk northern.. I can try but I'll probably cause a ton of offence.

Thanks MM.. I can't say I'm that bright.. there's way more smarter people on here.. aint that right Gracie ;) 

We should be out that weekend too so will look out for you..

We are on Orca not Ocra as my folks still call her (Folks it's named after a whale not a veg (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killer_whale).. Well it's actually named after the boat from Jaws (and that's because whales have been known to attack sharks)..  anyways have a good trip and give us a wave if you see us!

cheers 

• Like 3

Hi Eddy & welcome from us up here in Geordieland.......you think you have a journey! (But it's always worth making twice a year)

we will be making the trip the week after you so will miss you so try and leave us some good weather and some beer in the pubs

Have a great time

cheersbar

• Like 1