My Day

LizG

17 hours ago, TheQ said:

Motorboats for the computer generation..

Maybe, although most of the people who can afford these boats are usually the older generation.  The chap who owned this was retired and had every gadget you could think of, I particularly liked the under helm seat beer fridge on the flybridge! 

• Like 1

Had a right busy day at work this morning, cut out the 3mm aluminium back plates for the new design boat dash from a redundant piece of our test bed control panel and made a couple of adaptors out of ptfe bar for the thermostatic valve I'm planning fitting to the boat shower, due to limited space I needed a tee for the cold side and an elbow for the hot in side to keep the connections close and parallel and saved about £30 in plumbing fittings at the same time, just need 3x 1/2"bspt hosetails now.

No company work happened......

Not heading out this weekend, forecast is strong winds and heavy rain so will batten down the hatches with a takeaway, beer and some Netflix!

Flying to Sweden on Sunday night for a week's training, will mostly involve playing with various boats 25 to 80ft in length.  It's a tough job but someone has to do it....

Only back a couple of days and Rambling Rosie comes out of the water, coincides with my wallet becoming suddenly empty! 

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, NeilB said:

Only back a couple of days and Rambling Rosie comes out of the water, coincides with my wallet becoming suddenly empty!

Hepe it's not too rough in Sweden!

We passed Rambling Rosie on her mooring week before last. She does look like a lovely boat. :default_biggrin:

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, NeilB said:

. . . . .Only back a couple of days and Rambling Rosie comes out of the water, coincides with my wallet becoming suddenly empty! 

If there’s room in the shed for Rambling Rosie, does that mean that a certain biodegradable will be back in the water?

30 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

If there’s room in the shed for Rambling Rosie, does that mean that a certain biodegradable will be back in the water?

I'm afraid not, it's going to be a tight squeeze!!  There's still lots of holes where there shouldn't be holes etc.  I also noticed they were advertising for a wooden boat builder to join the team!

Just popped out into the garden and picked some apples from my tree for the apple crumble I will be cooking on lads week, the biggest weighed in at 15 oz (425g), they are lovely apples, cooker/ eaters (sweet enough to eat, and can be cooked without sugar), I don't know the variety, as when compared to those at Brogdale, mine are about 3 weeks  earlier than the main contenders. (They also make good juice and cider)

The only problem with them is the tree carries hundreds of these huge apples, and they don't keep, they quickly go woolly inside, so only last a couple of weeks.

20221005_153659.jpg

• Like 1