My Day

LizG

the thing that gets me is that these activists dont see that all they are doing is damaging their cause, because as soon as anyone mentions it now, it will be associated with these activists and the general public will stop listening and start ranting at the people trying to get the message across, about these outrageous activities. do these people not realise they are doing their causes more harm than good - or is that their intention to discredit future attempts to save the planet.

to be honest it just made an already difficult day, more difficult and lead to me missing the first 1 1/2 hours of the training the last thing people need is more stress in their lives.

as mentioned above we are straying into the political, which was never my intent on posting the above, just to pass on about a bad day travelling.it was mitigated somewhat by the scenery along the A507, but I didnt get to enjoy that as much as i should because I was running late by then.

probably best forgotten now its over and done with. 

• Like 1

I have now fitted twenty eight bifold shower screen doors in the last fourteen working days. Only another sixty odd to go

The thing is, prior to commencing the pressure was on to complete two each day.  I could easily do five but the hotel can only make two rooms each day available 

Griff

• Like 1

4 hours ago, grendel said:

the thing that gets me is that these activists dont see that all they are doing is damaging their cause, because as soon as anyone mentions it now, it will be associated with these activists and the general public will stop listening and start ranting at the people trying to get the message across, about these outrageous activities. do these people not realise they are doing their causes more harm than good - or is that their intention to discredit future attempts to save the planet.

to be honest it just made an already difficult day, more difficult and lead to me missing the first 1 1/2 hours of the training the last thing people need is more stress in their lives.

as mentioned above we are straying into the political, which was never my intent on posting the above, just to pass on about a bad day travelling.it was mitigated somewhat by the scenery along the A507, but I didnt get to enjoy that as much as i should because I was running late by then.

probably best forgotten now its over and done with. 

We have been trying all week to get up to Norfolk to start the winterisation of Windmill Lady. I look at google Maps, see a 4 hour plus journey time and say "nah". Protestors apart, these incidents highlight how vulnerable our critical national infrastructure is. These are protestors - misguided and highly irriatating but probably well-meaning; next time it might be terrorist saboteurs. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Meantime said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, why do we have to label them as "idiots"

If it walks like a duck; quacks like a duck and looks like a duck - it's a duck.

But let's not offend their tender feelings.  Let's just call them outlaws.  There can be no question of that, I hope?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

Be thankful that we are allowed to protest peacefully without fear of being beaten up or shot at by the polce or army!

Let's hope we can ad to that, without destroying the general publics lives. Most of us will listen and reflect but most of us suffer when held to ransom. Especially those that respect others and live by a moral code.

Regards Parge 

• Like 4

Today,Marina  and I went to

the Festive and gift show at the Norfolk  showground. It was all things Christmas. Lots of food,decorations. Needless  to say we spent lots of money. The show goes on tomorrow and Sunday.Soon The winter wounder land will be at the showground.There was a big crowd,well worth a visit. 

20221111_113733.jpg

20221111_113757.jpg

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

As of last Thursday  we had raised  almost six thousand pounds ,for the Poppy  appeal at Tesco Caister. Not sure what the final  count was,but sure it will be more then 6k.

That's a great result, well done Ian and the other collectors 👍

• Like 1

Watched some of the cricket this morning. The ironing, cooking, gardening, and some Christmas present wrapping have filled the middle of the day.

Next I have to juggle the F1 grand prix and the Strictly results show this evening. Will need to stay offline until I've watched them both to avoid any spoilers. :default_rofl:

• Haha 1

On 13/11/2022 at 16:40, SwanR said:

The ironing, cooking, gardening, and some Christmas present wrapping have filled the middle of the day.

Isn't it great when the weekend comes and you get a day off :facepalm:My youngest once commented on how great the weekends were, no school, just play and do as he pleases, I answered that it was just peachy while I was ironing, cleaning, washing etc :default_biggrin:

• Haha 3
  • Love 1