My Day

LizG

46 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

My MrsG did this pre covid despite not doing heights. She would never do a big wheel at a fun fair. London eye - she managed and did enjoy it 

Griff

I’ve done the London Eye twice, once in daytime and once at night. Should be on everyone’s bucket list. 

It's unusual I believe but obviously it can happen... a friend's pressure cooker exploded. About £5k of damage to kitchen but luckily no one hurt although their dog is currently still too frightened to approach the kitchen, poor pooch!

• Sad 5

And mine!

We had a bit of an explosion in our house last week. At least it sounded like one. Alec had lit our wood burner, and it went off BOOM! I was in the next room. The glass hadn’t exactly shattered but a big chunk had blown out from near the top of the pane and smaller pieces from near the handle.

Thank goodness none of the pieces hit him and the dogs were out with Graham, so weren’t traumatised. 

• Sad 5

my mum had a pressure cooker too, she regularly checked the relief valve though to ensure it worked.

we once had a fireplace explode, when we moved in to our first house they had to do the damp in all the walls, then we were told the chimney was unsafe so we had to wait until they had got a company in to put a sausage down and then seal round that with concrete, when we did tight a fire the heat got into the damp that was still in the hearth and blew the fire out of the fireplace, leaving a crater in the hearth.

• Sad 5

2 minutes ago, Gracie said:

I'm sorry but what do you mean by 'put a sausage down'. I'm not thinking for one moment you mean a pork chipolata or anything :facepalm:x

I'm glad you asked that Gracie... now I can pretend that I knew all along 😁👍

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, ExSurveyor said:

I could give the technical explanation but I would hate to spoil your fun :default_biggrin:

I wish you would please, I have no clue and the images I have in my mind are certainly not fun :default_biggrin: and Ray wants to know too so he can pretend he already knew

Getting ready to watch the footie with my dad and a couple of cold ones. Let's hope we get through to the next round :default_winko: x

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, grendel said:

thats how they described it, basically they put a big rubber tube down the chimney, filled it with air, then filled around it with special chimney concrete, then deflated the sausage and pulled it out of the middle leaving a pipe through the concrete.

Just as I thought 😎

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, grendel said:

thats how they described it, basically they put a big rubber tube down the chimney, filled it with air, then filled around it with special chimney concrete, then deflated the sausage and pulled it out of the middle leaving a pipe through the concrete.

So basically a big chimney-sized condom :default_rofl:

• Haha 1