My Day

LizG

Our 91 yo has an alarm on her wrist, she triggered it the other day. The message came through to us that she had fallen but "she didn't think she was bleeding". So off we went, wondering what we were going to find.

The place was in total darkness and as we opened the door we heard a little voice call out, "Hello". She was laying on the floor with her head against the sofa, in no pain and very little discomfort. The problem wasn't the fall, it was her inability to get up. She said she had toppled over when she got up to put the lights on. But it was totally dark so how long had she sat there? About 1/2 hour she said. So why didn't you press the alarm when you fell over? The classic:

"Well, I didn't like to be a bother."

• Sad 1

That’s it!  Christmas prep done for now.  Two pieces of gammon cooked, one for our son and one for us, two red cabbages braised, one for our son and one for us and a special sage and onion stuffing cooked, using a Tom Kerridge recipe, to be split between us!

Our son and his family are due up soon.  I’ll be chained to the cooker again this afternoon, preparing a roast pork dinner for us all.  They’re staying overnight and going home in the morning to take the grandkids for their visit to Santa, back in Milton Keynes.

82A72FB4-FE6E-49B9-9186-FA9127C8FF34.jpeg

B6C4C3C0-DCF7-4997-A516-D9032389A8C6.jpeg

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

Just noticed an edp article re the launching of the replica wherry Newun on the North Walsham-Dilham canal, great to see that it will be working to restore the navigation and with the blessing of section owners linking up with the Ant. Would be great to think that the opportunity to cruise up to East Ruston or even Honing staithe is possibly not lighter years away.

Also rip Laurie Ashton whom I only found out from this article has recently passed away, a stalwart dedicated to the canal and former broads businessman, may the causes unite on earth as they have undoubtedly in heaven!

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/23259905.norfolk-wherry-newun-launched-north-walsham-dilham-canal/

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

There will no doubt a home owner(s) who were somewhat perplexed at finding a 'GriffTile' business card inside their house by their front door letterbox on Saturday afternoon 

I had been asked by a potential client to visit and give them an estimate for some floor tiling.  So I arranged to visit.  Turned up, house locked no one answering the door bell.  Put a card through the letterbox and drove off back home not happy. :default_icon_mad:

Messaged the Lady that evening - She stated she had gone out to walk her dogs, her husband was in but had probably fell asleep. :default_icon_rolleyes:

So I arranged to visit earlier today, I rang beforehand, she stated she was out again but her husband was in and definitely awake! She would ring him and tell him to stay awake and to expect me in half an hour or so - Good

Got to said clients - House locked no answer to door bell AGAIN :default_smiley-angry047:

Rang the lady who told me they didn't have a door bell and was the drive newly laid grey block paving?  -  Er, no its concrete. She had a giggle telling me I was at Alderson Road not Alderson close (Again as it turned out :default_blush: )

FFS :default_icon_rolleyes:  Arrived 5 mins later there was her husband and dogs patiently waiting.

GriffTile just can't get the staff nowadays

Griff

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

I turned up at the wrong wedding once. The wedding was in the middle of ruddy nowhere. Walked in the Church late, everyone turned round and I didn't recognise a soul and they of course wondered who the hell I was :facepalm:The wedding I wanted was in another Church a couple of miles away.

One of those moments when you really want the ground to swallow you up :default_biggrin:

• Haha 7

9 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

At least Gracie was at a wedding.Wounder if she stayed for the Reception?

5 minutes ago, Ray said:

I believe that it is customary for wine to be served at a Reception.....

😁

Well it would be rude not to :default_biggrin: x

• Haha 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Gracie said:

I turned up at the wrong wedding once. The wedding was in the middle of ruddy nowhere. Walked in the Church late, everyone turned round and I didn't recognise a soul and they of course wondered who the hell I was :facepalm:The wedding I wanted was in another Church a couple of miles away.

One of those moments when you really want the ground to swallow you up :default_biggrin:

I was on a bike ride out Freethorpe way and headed up Wickhampton towards Halvergate then hung a left at the end. Car screeched up beside me “do you know where the church is?”. Yes, turn right up there thinking it was Tunstall church they were heading for. Carried on my bike ride then realised my error as I wheeled past St Peters and St Paul’s with the bride disappearing into the porch on her fathers arm. I pedalled a bit faster but to be fair they never said which church exactly, even though we were in Halvergate when the question arose... hope they had a good laugh about it over breakfast!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Gracie said:

Must have been really embarrassing,  especially in your fluffy white dress and holding the bouquet  

Hope your husband-to-be didn't mind it when you turned up a bit late at the correct church  :default_rofl:

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Bikertov said:

Must have been really embarrassing,  especially in your fluffy white dress and holding the bouquet  

Hope your husband-to-be didn't mind it when you turned up a bit late at the correct church  :default_rofl:

ME in a fluffy dress, never. :default_biggrin: Something a tad more chic and stylish thank you very much 

Very funny post Biker, made me giggle but I think my husband to be wouldn't have minded if I hadn't turned up at all :default_biggrin: x

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Bikertov said:

She stayed at the wrong church, the husband looked better and the wine supply bigger..... :default_biggrin:

"I do" or "he'll do", same thing at the end of the day. :default_biggrin:

• Haha 5