My Day

LizG

3 hours ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Feeling a bit bit rough 

Started  feeling a bit flu like Tuesday  afternoon. I had my forth Covid jab Saturday. Was due to have my flu jab tomorrow. Have rearranged  that for later this month. Still not stopped me painting the hall way.

Hope you feel better soon Ian. Take it easy :default_icon_kiss: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grendel said:

I had my 4th Covid booster last friday, got the email and went to the local walk in centre, all 4 have been pfizer, the feeling rough tarted about 12 hours later then lasted a further 24 hours, nothing I couldnt work round, but just slightly rough, flu jab booked for the end of the month.

Had my fourth on on the 24th September, Moderna Biavalent. Sore round injection site and lower arm for about two days, slight headache for about 4 hours. That was it. 

So trying to remember what I have just read through I would have to choose Apple Crumble with hot thick custard, although a lovely apple and winter berry crumble is much prefered and I wouldn't turn down the deep filled apple pie that Ranworthbreeze mentioned either

Chips can be served with either thick gravy or chip shop curry sauce without complaint from me too

• Like 3

All this talk of food…..  This is what Ethiopian tapas looks like!  Don’t ask what it is as I don’t know but it was delicious!

Hotel was very good, used to be a shipyard but may look familiar to those of you who remember Porridge!

Sat in the airport now but flight is delayed so won’t get back to Stansted until about midnight, back on Rambling Rosie around 2am I reckon!!

Might book the day off work!

964BCFA6-80BE-4A42-ABFD-C87B18F78D41.jpeg

E8FCE8D5-A70D-4669-A456-18CF3D93FC41.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NeilB said:

All this talk of food…..  This is what Ethiopian tapas looks like!  Don’t ask what it is as I don’t know but it was delicious

Well I am guessing that is injera bread and there is a traditional lentil stew in there too I reckon. It looks delicious anyway, I love African food

Have a safe flight and journey back to your boat

I didn't really want a 4th covid jab. But today I'm getting mine ( wife's already had hers through work ) unfortunately it's a condition of travel on our up coming crusie and as I've past the 270 day mark since my last jab i don't have an option. Fortunately it's the Pfizer vaccine im  having today,which is what my last 3 have been. I haven't suffered any adverse reactions so fingers crossed today will be the same. 

Our doctors does mass jab sessions (flu and now Covid) in a local hall! Call up came whilst we were on holiday but my husband was able to go last Saturday for the flu jab. When there they said they had some spare Covid jabs so he had both! I couldn't make it but they told my husband that I should ring up at the end of this week! This I did this morning - 14:10 next Wednesday ok for both jabs? Yes fine I said. That's booked then you will get a text confirmation. But you haven't asked my name I said! Oh that's ok, your phone flagged it up!!! Text duly followed

8 hours ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Any reason  why you didn't  want a forth jab?

Hi Ian, I already have the flu jab every year and haven't had a cold since I can't remember. I'm more concerned about mixing vaccines to be honest. I've had covid and yes I was unwell but nothing to bad. Kim worked all through the pandemic on a covid ward and has seen the worst covid can do. She's had it 3 times now, one time we didn't even realise she had it until she got tested at work. Guess she got so use to feeling unwell during the hight of the pandemic. I'm not anti vaccine at all I just feel there's some unanswered questions regarding mixing vaccine. But it's just my opinion. So I was glad I got offered Pfizer.

Theses vaccine centers are so well organised now. Turned up to mine today there were literally hundreds of ppl waiting. Que kept moving at a steady pace paperwork completed whilst waiting. Everyone was being offered the flu jab as well. I didn't think you could have both at the same time but apparently you can, just not in the same arm. I found it very encouraging that most ppl were taking up the offer of the flu jab. And well done to all the volunteers who give up there time to help manage the crowds. 

• Like 2

Well today didn't go as we thought it would. We were due to attend the funeral of Tony's cousin . We drove to the crematorium in Peterborough and having parked the car, looking round we failed to recognise any one else. So a discreet enquiry of the undertaker who had just arrived  with the hearse, revealed wrong funeral! A quick call to the widow confirmed that she had given us rhe wrong day, when we spoke to her yesterday confirming details. At least we didn't find out after we had sat through the service! So tomorrow will see us setting off once more. I'm just grateful that Tony was with me when I made the call to confirm details and that I'd had the phone on speaker otherwise nothing would have coinvinced him that I hadn't made the cockup and I'd never have heard the last of it.

Carole

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Be glad you wasn't halfway through a eulogy when you realised it was the wrong person..... :default_blush::default_biggrin:

I don’t know - just carry on to the end of the service and go to the wake!  Free food and drink these days isn’t to be sniffed at. 😁

• Haha 6

Well,  we went to the funeral today and thankfully it was the right day and the right funeral As always there were moments of sadness for the loss of the person remembered. and moments of pleasure from the shared memories of that person too. At the end of the day it was what it was, a fairly typical situation for people of our age group. Another one of us  shuffled  off the mortal coil.

Carole

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

17 minutes ago, ExSurveyor said:

Reaching the time of life where you go to more funerals than weddings is no fun.

It doesn't bother me too much, when it is funerals of our parents generation. Part of life and growing up.

When it is our friends and our peers we are burying - that is when it gets tough ☹ 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

so yesterday, it was shopping, then i had my flu jab booked, I was a bit worried as they texted a reminder saying bring your letter with barcode, and I hadnt received a letter.

not to worry, it seemed as though only about 50% of people had received one, so it was a couple of minutes wait while they went and printed one, which we then took inside and handed over, all in all quite quick and painless, after that it was home and sort some stuff out, after which I had a drive to the local woods and had a 2 mile walk round the trails, the first time i have really felt up to it since i banged my leg up over 2 weeks ago.

• Like 1