Independence - Updates | Maintenance & Care

LondonRascal

19 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

combined total 2405 x Ltrs, or 2:4 tonnes of diesel

2.25 tonnes to be specific, the average density of Marine Diesel being 0.93 kg / l. Assuming marine diesel is used, automotive diesel is less dense at around 0.85 kg / l

13 minutes ago, Bedslad said:

Definitely, Griff and the crew need to get off there backsides, get back down here and get this boat back to Plymouth where she came from, right Robin.

get ready everyone:default_badday:

Yer I’d agree with that 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Paul said:

2.25 tonnes to be specific, the average density of Marine Diesel being 0.93 kg / l. Assuming marine diesel is used, automotive diesel is less dense at around 0.85 kg / l

Right that's me filling up a Morrisons river side from now on , same price as brooms + lighter fuel = more speed :default_biggrin:,, result :default_biggrin:

12 minutes ago, psychicsurveyor said:

Which one is supposed to be kinder to boat engines.

My old Perkins 408 has supermarket diesel with sultron and the newer nanni has brooms with sultron.

So far as I know only the die is the difference they are both refined to the same standard , gas oil isn't the same animal being refined to BS standard , that said diesel engines run on most oils Including peanut oil as demonstrated by the engines inventor :default_biggrin:

14 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

So far as I know only the die is the difference they are both refined to the same standard , gas oil isn't the same animal being refined to BS standard , that said diesel engines run on most oils Including peanut oil as demonstrated by the engines inventor :default_biggrin:

Wouldn't fancy crushing all them nuts 

finny

I’m still not back to normal, I got sick having a bath this morning :default_rofl:

Doug is the only man I know that spends time and money travelling from Norfolk to Ramsgate, then onto Dover.  Once arrived partook in an Indy evening dinner at Wetherspoons (Thanks for the drinks btw Middlin).  Has an early start at 0400 and what does he do for the rest of the day?

Spends the day doing an impression of a spirit level in the master cabin that's what!

Still, it was good to have you onboard all the same, you came in very handy when we were mooring up at Town Quay Gt Yarmouth! xx

Griff

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

I’m still not back to normal, I got sick having a bath this morning :default_rofl:

Doug is the only man I know that spends time and money travelling from Norfolk to Ramsgate, then onto Dover.  Once arrived partook in an Indy evening dinner at Wetherspoons (Thanks for the drinks btw Middlin).  Has an early start at 0400 and what does he do for the rest of the day?

Spends the day doing an impression of a spirit level in the master cabin that's what!

Still, it was good to have you onboard all the same, you came in very handy when we were mooring up at Town Quay Gt Yarmouth! xx

Griff

I was alway taught you keep the weight as far back as possible and nice and low to stop the bow digging in :594c04f0e761f_default_AnimatedGifVehiclessaily:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If he thanks me once again you'll not be gettin another

Guilty as charged your honour (But at least I posted it in brackets)

I was always taught you keep the weight as far back as possible and nice and low to stop the bow digging in 

In that sea state we were in? the only remote chance of stopping the bow digging in or the rolling we experienced would have been to put Indy 4 miles inland under an apple tree.  Which would be kinda impossible as there is no  apple tree big enough for Indy to get under!  Besides as you said, we had you in the aft cabin keeping the weight as far back as possible :default_norty:

Griff

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

In that sea state we were in? the only remote chance of stopping the bow digging in or the rolling we experienced would have been to put Indy 4 miles inland under an apple tree.  Which would be kinda impossible as there is no  apple tree big enough for Indy to get under!  Besides as you said, we had you in the aft cabin keeping the weight as far back as possible :default_norty:

Griff

just keep that thought Charlie

indy tree.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

Griff, could you post your take on the delivery here .

You are getting quite a cult following, it would be nice to hear about it first hand you legend lol.:default_biggrin::1310_thumbsup_tone1:

Edited by deebee29
Link removed as it contravenes forum guidelines
  • Like 2

Had a peep at the YBW forum, interesting reading to say the least. Robin has opened his heart out and regretfully it's clear that he didn't enjoy the experience. I'm guessing but it does appear that Robin has yet to learn to trust his boat. I am sure that he will do and in future will take bad weather in his stride, treating it as an adventure and revelling in the experience. Stay with it Robin and don't be rushed into buying stabilizers! 

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

Had a peep at the YBW forum, interesting reading to say the least. Robin has opened his heart out and regretfully it's clear that he didn't enjoy the experience. I'm guessing but it does appear that Robin has yet to learn to trust his boat. I am sure that he will do and in future will take bad weather in his stride, treating it as an adventure and revelling in the experience. Stay with it Robin and don't be rushed into buying stabilizers! 

I didn't think the bit about Doug ( brundall navy) was interesting more disrespectful , that said I didn't read all 25 pages .

That said your right Peter you have to trust your boat and its systems come to think of it .

15 minutes ago, psychicsurveyor said:

Ricardo,  they think we squabble,  we are just amateurs compared to them :default_biggrin:

Now iv read a bit more I see that perfectly + a lot of other things have opened my eyes a bit more , that said there are some down to earth boaters on there and iv used it a fair bit in tracing faults and components along with many others one can't have too much knowledge :default_biggrin:

Griff, could you post your take on the delivery here 

I'll have a look see as you request.  As for posting my take on the delivery - This thread is Robins adventure not mine.  Yes I will do some sort of mini write up and comment on a few points made but it will be here in the NBN first.  I am also mindful of this 'Cult' thing and 'Legend' been there before, it doesn't sit well with me to be honest, but is out of my control.  I always said in years gone by that 'Broad Ambition' and all her crew were the stars - not me.  In this Adventure it's just the same, 'Indy' and all members of her crew are the real Legends.  I'm more of a Leg-end to be honest

Griff

Edited by Hockham Admiral
As MrB's original
  • Like 11
  • Haha 2