Gracie

addicted

Has anyone heard if there is something amiss with Gracie? I had a pm from her a couple of weeks ago which I didn't answer for a few days as I was in hospital having a hip replacement op' and as I haven't had a response to my reply I m getting  rather  concerned for her wellbeing.

regards,

Carole

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, psychicsurveyor said:

I think Gracie has been doing dry September :default_winko:

2 more days to go :default_biggrin:

Not a cat in hells chance :default_biggrin:

I'm not sure what's less believable, the fact Grace would even attempt it or the that she would get 28 days in before failing  :default_rofl:

Grace certainly brings her own character to the forum and I miss her being around. But I think there are a number of members that either don't visit as much as they used to or certainly don't post as much as they used to. I checked Eric's profile and he hasn't been here for a number of months. Has anyone heard from him outside of the site?

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Boatingman said:

I spoke to her ten days ago

and she stated she wanted a break from the forum

Ray

I to did a few pms,which she replied to. She said the same that she wanted a break.Sadly it seems some of the old guard are not posting as much.I for one miss there posts,Hopefully they will return. I do think in recent months the forum has changed,let's hope old friends return.

Best wishes Ian 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, SwanR said:

Grace certainly brings her own character to the forum and I miss her being around. But I think there are a number of members that either don't visit as much as they used to or certainly don't post as much as they used to. I checked Eric's profile and he hasn't been here for a number of months. Has anyone heard from him outside of the site?

The crew of Corsican are missing too.

• Like 1

Sadly the forum lost it's ethos. Last Summer it was a real pleasure to be a part of the fun that was the forum, then it seemed to get  hijacked by people always ready to see insult where none was intended and responding with aggression, treating differing opinions with contempt and responding with gratuitous sarcasm etc. all of which served to totally spoil what was a thoroughly enjoyable outlet. The effect was that people like myself (I haven't posted in almost a year) and Gracie felt uncomfortable making contributions. Fortunately, some of those responsible for  this shift have it seems moved on thus it may be possible to recapture that which was lost as a lot of the "good guys" have stayed with it happily. Let's wait and see.

regards,

Carole

• Like 17

16 minutes ago, addicted said:

Sadly the forum lost it's ethos. Last Summer it was a real pleasure to be a part of the fun that was the forum, then it seemed to get  hijacked by people always ready to see insult where none was intended and responding with aggression, treating differing opinions with contempt and responding with gratuitous sarcasm etc. all of which served to totally spoil what was a thoroughly enjoyable outlet. The effect was that people like myself (I haven't posted in almost a year) and Gracie felt uncomfortable making contributions. Fortunately, some of those responsible for  this shift have it seems moved on thus it may be possible to recapture that which was lost as a lot of the "good guys" have stayed with it happily. Let's wait and see.

regards,

Carole

Carole,  I can fully agree with what you say, with a number of Mods stepping down combined with a few awkward members pushing the boundaries,  the remaining Mods had a bit of an uphill battle.

I have noticed that with the larger Mod team problems get sorted out quickly..

Hopefully  the Forum will remain a clam and safe place to engage with.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, addicted said:

Agreed - the Forum seemed to become infected with 'PC itus'. Not sure it's fully recovered yet.

• Like 3

I`ve been a member of this forum now for many many years, and have at times taken a break. Sometimes i`ve made myself unpopular, other times, i`ve thought there are not many posts that i feel i can contribute to, but the one thing is great is the forum is always here, and is something ANYBODY is able to contribute to  when you see fit. I do enjoy reading some of the holiday reports, and a lot of the reports about what`s happening on the Broads, so for those matters, i`l be a member for many many years to come.  Well,  until i make myself unpopular again?.....................................

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Have to say I agree with those who feel the place has changed. I understand that the forum has changed and evolved  and hope that the new team can help bring back the happy feel here.  As one of the founding members, I felt like a stranger here since last year!

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

That's a bit sad Jim. But the nice thing about this thread is that really what we're all saying is that we want to be here to share about one of our favourite places - The Norfolk and Suffolk Broads. And in missing one of our most popular members being around for a while, we can all reflect why we come here and what we like about being part of this community.

Come back soon Grace ... and let's all make everyone feel welcome who stops by and joins in.

• Like 2

Firstly, to Jayfire, As it seems likely you are in touch with her, please pass  on my very best wishes to Gracie. L:ike many others here I miss her input. When I first read the title of this thread my heart sank like a stone, thinking the worst. Thank you for clarifying things so quickly.

To everyone else.  A forum is only as nice as those posters in it. If all the good folk stop posting, only the less nice people post and the forum goes downhill. It needs the good people to carry on posting to keep the forum as a whole a nice place to be.

Yes there have been a few disruptive influences, plus a few who seemed disruptive but in reality were just catalysts for disrupters to capitalise on.

It will always be so. The larger a forum becomes the wider the opinions become. It needs to be regularly stated and strongly emphasised that differing views are to be respected AT ALL TIMES irrespective of how far they oppose ones own.

Apart from anything else, part of the fun of this forum is that when two opposing views are discussed in the spirit of this forum's ethos, it can be both entertaining and informative. I have learned much about water levels, otters, and many other things. My views have subsequently changed on some matters and not on others. This is thanks to this forum.

In short, If you don't like some posts or their posters, Don't stop posting. This forum needs you to post even more to restore the balance.  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3