Wroxham Angling

7 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

Where is the tackle shop in Horning,

Tks,

Griff

Between the turn to The Ferry Inn and Richos marina.

The bloke in there is incredibly helpful, lives above the shop and will serve you out of hours if you ring his doorbell.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

That's a surprise, never heard or saw that one coming. I'm familiar with the tackle shops at Ludham Bridge, Stalham and Potter Heigham.  Where is the tackle shop in Horning, is it on-line orders only?

Tks,

Griff

Apparently neither did Angling Direct!

I’ll stick my head above the quay heading and suggest the bottoms dropped out of the keepnet for tackle shops maybe, it’s all on line these days. And what impact is fewer moorings having, less spots to fish I expect. And what with more holding tanks and crayfish.... We’reel doomed?

• Like 1

On ‎20‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 19:42, Turnoar said:

I’ll stick my head above the quay heading and suggest the bottoms dropped out of the keepnet for tackle shops maybe, it’s all on line these days. And what impact is fewer moorings having, less spots to fish I expect. And what with more holding tanks and crayfish.... We’reel doomed?

Angling Directs notice says they are looking for new premises in Wroxham / Hoveton, it's not that they are going out of Business..

42 minutes ago, TheQ said:

Angling Directs notice says they are looking for new premises in Wroxham / Hoveton, it's not that they are going out of Business..

Absolutely right. Not for me to spread the gos but the old premises was more than adequately viable. The closure was not of AD's making, be assured of that.

On 20/10/2018 at 19:42, Turnoar said:

I think there is a lot more by the way of good quality competition now than there was. We have a good tackle shop at Horning in Bass online and another at Ludham Bridge, both of which sell the same sort of products, often at better prices and with friendly service to boot.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 21/02/2019 at 20:48, BroadAmbition said:

That's good news and good to know too.  Thanks for sharing

Griff

not for everyone. the childrens clothes shop was a bit expensive but one of the few places selling such goods that thinks boys don't just wear jeans or joggers. You could get decent boy's smart trousers there.

• 1 month later...

I noticed this morning that the former Wroxham Tackle  shop is reopening as a Pet Food /Tackle shop. No date for opening but will be a bit better for locals as you can park in front of the shop.Also good for holidaymakers moored that side of the bridge.

• 2 weeks later...

We use Wroxam shop every time we come down. Hopefully they will have a new premises by October as we are embarking on another Broads adventure. If not there are a few otger tackle shops for baits ect.

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

52 minutes ago, rightsaidfred said:

I understand that  Mark will be  reopening the old tackle shop in Station Road shortly, it will be good to see him back with his font of local knowledge and helpful advice, hopefully people will walk the extra few yards to support him.

Fred

Does this mean that all of a sudden Wroxham has three shops selling fishing tackle, Mark's shop, Angling Direct and the pet food shop?