Corona Virus

Paul

44 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

If I had a positive antibody test I'd not worry about the distancing so much but still take the same measures for stuff I'm touching that someone else is likely to touch, I'm not particularly worried about catching it myself despite asthma and auto-immune issues, I rather do a round of covid than munch a pistachio or cashew nut.

Be careful  what you wish for!

17 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Be careful  what you wish for!

The nut option has already put me in hospital with sod all blood pressure and rapidly decreasing so I stand by that last remark, my chances with covid are far higher.

We took the decision over a zoom chat interesting  is the fact that this virus was here before 2020 and an elderly aunt who shielded from March and still is being a recent cancer victim actually was poorly with her husband 2 weeks before Christmas and been well since. I was flattered for nine days over the new year but my anti body test came back negative...I guess some would see the test as pointless not know any possible future ailments but there is one big positive in knowing you have the anti body's and that would be knowing that your own immune system can do its job well many have had this before or had no symptoms or little before it was even named .and then of course down the line when the vaccination time comes because if i had the anti body's there is no way on earth I would take any vaccine 

Finny 

Andy - read up on Hugh Pennington and then his statement yesterday and then, even you may feel a little more cheerful!

And I am a nobody but I will guarantee that there have not been 50000 deaths from Covid19 on its own - sadly many would have occurred without it and you will not get away from the fact the nearly 1500 people die every day, many unavoidable but not all.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Poppy said:

Dominic Cummings is not a member of the government - he's one of thos 'unelected bureaucrats' :default_norty:

Technically not even a bureaucrat, as they shuffle the paper and sometimes do some work. He's a government Political Advisor.. If he advises on the broads we are in real trouble.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheQ said:

Technically not even a bureaucrat, as they shuffle the paper and sometimes do some work. He's a government Political Advisor.. If he advises on the broads we are in real trouble.

None the less, I don't remember any opportunity to vote for him !

• Haha 1

Good morning,  I do apologise for giving my opinion and stiring up such passion on here I didn't mean to upset anyone. I also didn't see it as political, I saw it as my opinion on the handling of Corona Virus ( the name in this thread ). 

It would be a boring forum if we all agreed wouldn't it ? surely the whole idea of a forum is debate, opinion & banter ?  Anyway I sincerely apologise to anyone offended.

Just for the record I am a lifelong Conservative voter, that doesn't mean I've changed my opinion that they have dealt with this crisis appallingly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, marshman said:

Andy - read up on Hugh Pennington and then his statement yesterday and then, even you may feel a little more cheerful!

And I am a nobody but I will guarantee that there have not been 50000 deaths from Covid19 on its own - sadly many would have occurred without it and you will not get away from the fact the nearly 1500 people die every day, many unavoidable but not all.

For the last six months the UK has had around 50,000 more deaths than it has had on average during the last 5 years. That is not total deaths, it's extra above the average.

What do you think is killing them?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Wonderwall said:

For the last six months the UK has had around 50,000 more deaths than it has had on average during the last 5 years. That is not total deaths, it's extra above the average.

What do you think is killing them?

Well,

Total number of COVID-19 associated UK deaths

Deaths of people who have had a positive test result confirmed by a Public Health or NHS laboratory

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

So what is killing the other 10k+ ?

Just now, OldBerkshireBoy said:

We have never had the opportunity to vote for the many civil servants, advisers and researchers that work behinds the scene so why now. 

Because they work 'behind the scenes' and are not demonstrably  political !

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Poppy said:

Because they work 'behind the scenes' and are not demonstrably  political !

Now you`ve got well confused, I though you were bemoaning the fact that you didn`t have the opportunity to vote for one man in a postion which has never required a public vote.

2 minutes ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

Now you`ve got well confused, I though you were bemoaning the fact that you didn`t have the opportunity to vote for one man in a postion which has never required a public vote.

Perhaps you should think back four years or so .....

• Sad 1

Andy - want positivity so read up on Hugh Pennington and then his statement yesterday and even you may feel a little more cheerful!

And MB - you come back as I would welcome all outsiders back to Norfolk!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

Four years or so in politics? C`mon give me a break!

Perhaps you have forgotten that four years ago we were being harangued about 'corrupt unelected bureaucrats' from somewhere else ?

26 minutes ago, marshman said:

Andy - want positivity so read up on Hugh Pennington and then his statement yesterday and even you may feel a little more cheerful!

And MB - you come back as I would welcome all outsiders back to Norfolk!!!

And you would be right !   The figure is here - along with more data.

2 hours ago, Poppy said:

Well,

Total number of COVID-19 associated UK deaths

Deaths of people who have had a positive test result confirmed by a Public Health or NHS laboratory

So what is killing the other 10k+ ?

Those who have had cancer, heart disease, and a myriad of other things, that had their operations and treatment cancelled to allow for the hospitals to gear up for covid.

31 minutes ago, Poppy said:

Perhaps you have forgotten that four years ago we were being harangued about 'corrupt unelected bureaucrats' from somewhere else ?

Ok that`s twice now you`ve left your sentences unfinished, don`t bother replying because I`m off to find the ignore button.

19 hours ago, finny said:

We took the decision over a zoom chat interesting  is the fact that this virus was here before 2020 and an elderly aunt who shielded from March and still is being a recent cancer victim actually was poorly with her husband 2 weeks before Christmas and been well since. I was flattered for nine days over the new year but my anti body test came back negative...I guess some would see the test as pointless not know any possible future ailments but there is one big positive in knowing you have the anti body's and that would be knowing that your own immune system can do its job well many have had this before or had no symptoms or little before it was even named .and then of course down the line when the vaccination time comes because if i had the anti body's there is no way on earth I would take any vaccine 

Finny 

If the test proved negative why are you assuming it was Covid 19, there was a couple of nasty bugs going round before Christmas that although not fatal where quite debilitating, I am still feeling the after affects of one and I know several people who were quite ill for several weeks none of whom have had covid 19, once again it would seem speculation and rumour is still rife.

Fred