Where To Self-isolate, If You Had A Choice ?

The wife has just spent three days of the last four watching Midsummer Murders, afternoon and weekends.

It occurs to me that in spite of DCI Barnaby's best efforts there can't be many residents left so I think that might be a good place to self-isolate.

The village shops and pubs are still open at the moment.

Where would you like to be - if you couldn't choose the broads !

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, MotorBoater said:

The wife has just spent three days of the last four watching Midsummer Murders, 

It occurs to me that in spite of DCI Barnaby's best efforts there can't be many residents left so I think that might be a good place to self-isolate.

The virus might not get you

But someone else will.... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

It would be the broads,that's where we hope to move to next year.It would be lovely on the river with moorings. So we could sit on the boat and take in the river.

I agree. There isn’t anywhere else we would rather be.  We also intend to move to Norfolk in two years time although we are now seriously thinking of bringing this forward. 

• Like 3

It is also one of the best places to see these:-

The day before I got there was continuous heavy rain. Wombats are nocturnal but hate getting wet like our Badger. So the had not eaten for 36 hours and were out forageing during the day.

20171025_104855.thumb.jpg.c5c363c736d9d59913b92e73fe2d10eb.jpg

20171025_104628.thumb.jpg.786059f6892b1cdc02689c652e3debd7.jpg

2 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

I am happy with where I am, indeed I feel at home here and eternally grateful for that privilege.

The view from the end of our garden.

Why on earth would I not want to self isolate here!

With our big skies the Broads can be stunningly beautiful.

PA301787.JPG

Absolutely stunning photo.

I would choose somewhere similar being a Broads waterside location with a mooring at the bottom of the garden.

• Like 2

It is also one of the best places to see these:-
The day before I got there was continuous heavy rain. Wombats are nocturnal but hate getting wet like our Badger. So the had not eaten for 36 hours and were out forageing during the day.
20171025_104855.thumb.jpg.c5c363c736d9d59913b92e73fe2d10eb.jpg
20171025_104628.thumb.jpg.786059f6892b1cdc02689c652e3debd7.jpg

Excuse me sir, we’re not all nocturnal,I don’t mind which time of day I have a drink

Sent from my iPhone using Norfolk Broads Network
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, snunn said:

I would always choose Hope Cove in Devon even over the Broads.

Regards 

Alan

Alan I am lucky enough to say my best friend lives in Hope Cove so we go there quite often beautiful place

Susan

Hello Susan, 

We have been going most years to Hope Cove for the last 30 years since the boys were 4 & 6 years old. 

Regards

Alan

28 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

A cool million should guarantee it!

Which again proves what value Norfolk and North Suffolk are. A million is about one third of the starting prices of homes on a decent stretch of The Thames.

• Like 3

During my 30 years in the travel business I've been around the world a number of times. I'm lucky to have visited just about everywhere I ever wanted to, with the odd exception. I've never been to Kashmir, and would have loved to have visited the houseboats on Dal Lake, Srinigar. I had it planned a couple of times but tensions in the region which is disputed between India and Pakistan caused my plans to be cancelled. Likewise I've never been to Samarkand, again I was due to do so on a Silk Road tour but local unrest meant this part of the tour was missed and we ended up stuck in Tashkent for several days. As I wasn't paying I could hardly complain and it did give me the chance to experience a flight in a Mig 29. About the only other place I never visited, surprisingly was Italy and whilst the longer haul destinations might have passed me by I do plan to catch up on Italy one day, perhaps a self drive grand tour?

Of all the places I visited I was always glad to be heading home with one exception, and that was the Seychelles. Somewhat surprising for me as beach resorts are generally not high on my list but I loved the Seychelles and if I could choose where to be locked down then it would be there. Perhaps the island of La Digue, which was delightful.