Speeding At Horning Tonight

Jbx5

if it was a little aqua green speedboat with 3 young lads aboard, they went past me on the plane headed up to wroxham earlier in the day, and then again down stream they were giving it bursts of throttle to hop it onto the plane and down again as they went past heading for horning, I suspect the obvious cameras i had to hand put them off speeding past again..

I wonder if it was even registered on the Broads? Could it have been trailered and launched illegally. 

One of the pubs CCTV may have picked it up?? If Gus was around I bet he would have seen it. He doesn't miss a trick no matter where he is. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, grendel said:

I have sent 3 photos I did get to Tom with a link to this report, I wont post them here due to the name and shame restrictions in the TOS

1 hour ago, brundallNavy said:

We spotted them Friday evening and I did get a number but it doesn’t check out for that type of boat. 

Maybe the two of you should compare notes. It would not be the first time plates/identity have been falsified to speed. Common practice for Bikers in SA when I worked out there.

Tom has responded, the ID I gave him was positive and he has passed it to the relevant team for action.

the collaboration has been here, with Jbx5's initial report matching a boat I spotted the same day acting in a similar manner nearer wroxham, fortunately i did manage to get a clear shot, but just as it had dropped off the plane. even if they just get a gentle word not to do it again it will have achieved something.

• Like 2

Hi all, hope you are well.

Thank you @grendel, @Jbx5 and @brundallNavy for sharing your photographs and reports of this speeding vessel.

This is now an active investigation and we are gathering evidence. I have sent you all a direct message, please get back to me as soon as you can.

If any other forum members believe they have have witnessed the vessel pictured in this thread speeding or being piloted dangerously please get in touch with me via the private message function.

Best,

Tom

• Like 3

On 03/08/2020 at 11:57, BroadsAuthority said:

Hi all, hope you are well.

Thank you @grendel, @Jbx5 and @brundallNavy for sharing your photographs and reports of this speeding vessel.

This is now an active investigation and we are gathering evidence. I have sent you all a direct message, please get back to me as soon as you can.

Best,

Tom

Can you post your reports on this investigation on this website, or do we have to look elsewhere for updates on another website?

Thanks Tom.

Members should note that there's a very good reason for the inclusion of the  'no naming and shaming' policy in the NBN's Terms of Service. Several good reasons, but first and foremost of these are the sub justice rules of the UK by which our organisation can be found to be 'in-contempt' for interfering with legal proceedings in the UK.

"There is no exhaustive list of what constitutes "legal proceedings" but it includes, for example, the main courts: Magistrates' Court, County Court, High Court and also Inquests, Military Courts and Industrial Tribunals."

Statutory contempt law bans the media (The NBN forum is classed as a 'publisher' under the law) from publishing or broadcasting, including on the internet (which is us), any comments or information that might seriously prejudice active legal proceedings.

In short, once legal proceedings become "active", it is a criminal offence for media organisations (which again is us) to broadcast material which would create "a substantial risk of serious prejudice" to the proceedings.

Criminal proceedings become "active" as soon as one of the following has occurred: a person is arrested, a warrant for arrest is issued, a summons has been issued, or a person has been charged, and they remain so until such time as the accused has been acquitted or convicted.

Who can be prejudiced? Jurors, witnesses and magistrates.

Liability for statutory contempt is 'strict', which means that our knowledge or intention is irrelevant, as is the fact that no actual prejudice was caused in a particular case - the risk of prejudice is sufficient. If contempt is committed intentionally, however, it would be punished even more severely.

Contempt of court is a criminal offence and carries severe penalties: an unlimited fine and/or up to two years imprisonment of the relevant personnel responsible for the offending publication or broadcast - normally the Editor or in our case ME.

So please report incidents to the correct authority, send them your witness statements and photographs but please do no post them here as it makes their job and mine harder.

Although members have offered to knit us a cake with a spanner in it, Ian and I would rather not do a stint in pokey as he snores, I have a flatulence problem and the squabbles over who gets the top bunk would be interminable. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Timbo said:

Although members have offered to knit us a cake with a spanner in it, Ian and I would rather not do a stint in pokey as he snores, I have a flatulence problem and the squabbles over who gets the top bunk would be interminable. 

Both of you! The beagle brothers would be on the bottom one :default_biggrin: