Drink Driving

LondonGuy

6 hours ago, CambridgeCabby said:

It is illegal to navigate a vessel on The Broads whilst under the influence of alcohol or drugs , the police can arrest and prosecute if you are found to be so .

Not to split hairs, but the wording of the byelaw is slightly different. Byelaw 83 states "A person shall not navigate a vessel whilst under the influence of drink or drugs to such an extent as to be incapable of taking proper control of the vessel." The difference to me being go ahead and have a couple, but really know your limits. And then stop a couple or more pints before you hit that limit!

• Like 5

Oh bloody hell, here we go again. When the 'Holier than thou' brigade has quite finished its tirade of temperance, could its members perhaps answer a few questions.

When under way, who is more likely to fall in and drown,(other methods of death are available) the drunken crew or the drunken helmsman?

How would you word that in law?

When moored, who is more likely to fall in and drown,(see above rider) the drunks returning from the pub or the drunks on board fishing? 

Word that one for the law.

And finally, is it your intention to kill off once and for all, the broads as a holiday destination?

Please don't come back at me saying "Many broads holiday makers don't drink" because if that were true ...a. there wouldn't be the problem you're discussing and b. the moorings close to pubs wouldn't be so busy.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Agree MM,    the whole pleasure is to be able to have a glass of your choice while going along.   Not to get blathered.  Take that away and most of us would not be best pleased.    And quite to the contrary to what is said - people up here do like a tipple or two.   You try and purchase any spirit when it is on offer in Beccles.    The shelves are empty, but no one drinks up here.   !!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MauriceMynah said:

Please don't come back at me saying "Many broads holiday makers don't drink" because if that were true ...a. there wouldn't be the problem you're discussing and b. the moorings close to pubs wouldn't be so busy.

I ruddy do :default_beerchug:

I don't need a mooring close to a pub either, I'll walk for hours to get to a Broads pub and back before falling over and landing back into the boat :default_norty:

Interestingly I find my mooring up improves with the increase in alcohol consumption. So much so I can't ever remember messing up a mooring when under the influence...or do I mean I just can't remember ever mooring up :default_drinks:

As long as you are in a responsible state to control your boat to the best of your ability and stay safe whilst also remaining respectful of others and their property, then a beer or two along the way can only enhance the beautiful Broads experience.

22 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

As long as you are in a responsible state to control your boat to the best of your ability and stay safe whilst also remaining respectful of others and their property, then a beer or two along the way can only enhance the beautiful Broads experience.

I'll drink to that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

'ere, 'ere 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

Well said Cap’n although something tells me you haven’t had enough laughing juice today yet. Those words aren’t slurred enough! :default_beerchug:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, vanessan said:

Well said Cap’n although something tells me you haven’t had enough laughing juice today yet. Those words aren’t slurred enough! :default_beerchug:

Whaz yooooo sayin Mizzezzzz Veee? :default_drinks: