New Fishing Season

Andrewcook

I've caught some quality Perch on the Island at Salhouse although it was a few years ago now. My dad has had some good Roach and RuddΒ out too in Herbies yard.Β 

My dad taught me to fish when I was very young, you should have seen the look on his face when I started catching bigger fishΒ :default_biggrin:

Have a great season everyoneΒ :default_icon_wave:

Jay n Grace x

Β 

• Like 1

Don’t get me wrong, I have no objection to angling as a pastime, but I do get a bit aggrieved with them sometimes, like when they sit hidden in the bushes with a 30ft pole, that can’tΒ Β beΒ seen until you nearly hit it and the angler gets a little upset or when the decide to occupy BA moorings and won’t move when you want to moor.

It has been known for me to drown a maggot or two, but it’s not my life. Β You won’t catch me at the side of the river freezingΒ myΒ bits off forΒ hours on end, catching not much more than a cold.

Each to their own, I guess!Β :default_hiding:

• Like 2

More annoying is when they don’t moor up close so they can leave a little space to fish from the bank.Β 
plus the classic lets fish at the stern of my boat but in the face of your boat because my family wants to sit in the bows of mine without me fishing there.Β 
really puts them out when I start method fishing from the well of my boat.Β 

That's why we always tried to wild moor so we could either fish from the boat or a bank so as not to disturb or upset othersΒ 

My dad always wore a Captain's hat too and got us kids a pirate flag to fly on the boat. All good fun. That'sΒ what a boating holiday is all about after allΒ :default_biggrin:

Jay n Grace x

Β 

Just a quick question if it's ok I seen people fishing for all manner of species more so the pike but never hear to much about barbel or carp do the broads Contain many barbel and carp or are they just elusive many thanks scottΒ 

Guest Jayfire
11 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

I can not see the appeal but each to his own, in the fishing season if Chris joins me on the boat, I turn into a fishing widow.:default_norty::default_norty:

Or her own Alan, let's not get Grace mad, I'm the one to lose out if she gets the miseries onΒ :default_norty:

Hmm, I know someone not too far from here who doesn't like fishing, Preferring the pub for a pint or two, it's such a chore to join him for a cool glass of Prosecco, oh the sacrifices we makeΒ :default_biggrin:

I heard there are carp in Hickling Broad, never caught any myself, not on the rivers anyway

Jay n Grace x

Guest Jayfire
32 minutes ago, Gracie said:

I heard there are carp in Hickling Broad, never caught any myself, not on the rivers anyway

Not on the rivers? So where did you ruddy catch them? The moon?Β :default_rofl:

There are some very respectable perch, up to 2 or 3lbs, to be caught above Wroxham bridge along the Viaduct moorings. I had one take a small roach I was bringing in a couple of years ago, what a scrap! I do love those big striped humpty-backs!

Chris

• Like 1

Well , i will be feeding the fish very soon 😁, its a lovely way to spend a few hours, and the fact you can do it while having a beer or two makes it a proper sport πŸ˜‚.

I will have a bash for pike in the mornings, I never knew it was frowned upon in summer, i dont suppose they enjoy getting caught anytime . I have the tools and the skill to get them back in the water pretty sharpish (when I'm lucky enough to catch themπŸ˜‰).

My daughter once caught a small roach and a perch on the same cast! Just as the tiddler was coming to the surface , the perch latched on. If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I wouldn't have believed it.