Beauchamp Arms

vanessan

And that about sums it up - not quite what Vaughan, with respect, would imply by calling it "famous and important"!!!

It might have been perhaps 100 years or so ago but its been a dump for as long as I can remember, firstly when it was run by Mr Hollocks Sr and now his successor.

No one should flout planning legislation which most of us abide by, and the the old man was a thorn in the flesh years ago with illegally parked vans, and know his successor too!

7 hours ago, SueH said:

Hi.  Don't post on here very often anymore.  But, years ago the Berney was run by two blokes.  What with their welcome and the dog running down the stairs to greet everyone.  It was very welcoming and the moorings were looked after.  From memory it started to go downhill when they left.  Some have tried and failed since to make it a going concern though.

Yes I can remember them running the berney arms very good food and service and the toy spider that was above the corner table they let down to shock people from time to time lol. 

Also the beuchamp arms was run by a guy called Chris I think and his wife in the early 2000s they did good food and welcome to boaters but unfortunately were only there a short time maybe the rent increase truck again. 

• Like 2

Hi They then took over the Berny Arms was still good (he also made home made wine from berry's around the back of the pub) always tried to get me p####d on this every time i went there. Then same thing happened started to make a go of it when rent went up, plus he was diagnosed with cancer so they left it then spiralled downwards. John

Just read on FB, that there was some kind of rave happening at The Beauchamp Arms yesterday afternoon.  Must be the owners way of causing further stress to the BA!

Im guessing that the HERAS fencing was to prevent the revellers from falling in the river!  :default_rofl:

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know there are 3 sides to every story, protaganist, opposition and the facts but what is to be gained from being contrary, difficult and awkward?

3 prime sites, even with constraints, that could be an entrepreneur's dream with investment and good ideas in keeping with location and planning regs.

Obviously I don't know all the facts but on the face of it this whole enterprise is a massive own goal.

• Like 1

I don't know how he can own Berney Arms.For so long sat there not doing nothing.What money can he make if any.Now he seems to be doing the same  thing at Beauchamp Arms.

Unusual  business plan.Surely he would be better selling to someone who can make the three site more successful. 

28 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

As  far as I know.Whats never helped.He doesn't  get on with the farmer's  at Berney. Perhaps if he had a better relationship  with them,that would  help greatly. 

Doesn’t get on with the council, the BA or his neighbours either now.

Seems a likeable sort of chap, doesn’t he?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...