Boat Wanted.

On 03/04/2022 at 19:04, Troyboy said:

I see Cool Breeze is back up for sale Bogart. Its a Viking Seamaster 28 with an inboard diesel engine. The 1st owners had it moored near us at our marina. I think they had it for approximately 6 to 7 yrs. It wanted for nothing and really was looked after well. Very nice boat. The only downside is that it has a cassette toilet. Not the end of the world but pump out is better.

There is also a Faircraft 33 aft cockpit for sale at St Olaves marina. Advertised on Boatshed Norfolk. It has a modern looking refit but I don't know anything else about it. I hope this helps.

Went to see the Seamaster last week. As you say has cassette toilet, had my fill of them in caravans over the years.

Also did not like the bulkhead, made it look rather cramped. Still cannot understand why there is a removable panel in it anyway. Neither one thing nor the other. 

Saw a Bounty 27 yesterday, ex Woods hire, actually looked not bad at all. Is currently under offer but the guy is taking an eternity to get the money for it. So we will see.

On 03/04/2022 at 20:11, Jbx5 said:

As we have become boat less recently and looking for a new boat at the moment we considered looking at these 2 but the cassette toilet was not an option, and the faircraft offering didn’t have a second mate viewing seat opposite the  helmsman's seat . But hopefully we got sorted this weekend as offer accepted on a boat we have loved the design of for a few years 😉

John

Go on then tell us which boat?

1 hour ago, marshman said:

If the 35's now go for around £65/70 then the bigger one will be around £80k every day of the week I am afraid - probably be bought by a couple with a dog who need a lot of room! They are pretty rare and pretty big though!

Seems owner is a guy on his own with a dog.

On 03/04/2022 at 19:04, Troyboy said:

I see Cool Breeze is back up for sale Bogart. Its a Viking Seamaster 28 with an inboard diesel engine. The 1st owners had it moored near us at our marina. I think they had it for approximately 6 to 7 yrs. It wanted for nothing and really was looked after well. Very nice boat. The only downside is that it has a cassette toilet. Not the end of the world but pump out is better.

There is also a Faircraft 33 aft cockpit for sale at St Olaves marina. Advertised on Boatshed Norfolk. It has a modern looking refit but I don't know anything else about it. I hope this helps.

I like the look of that Faircraft aft cockpit. Nice big roomy boat. Wants a bit spending on it. A nice set of canopies and some new cockpit upholstery and it would look a different boat again.

If we ever decide to go back into boating something like that would be ideal.

This came up on Facebook.I’ve seen this boat and always looked stunning. Coming soon for sale

A superb condition

Silverline 27 built 2007

2.....3 berth

Large arft cockpit cruiser

With full.folding canopy and screen

This craft is in very good order

Regularly serviced, antifouled hull clean etc 2021

Powered by a super nanni 150 4 cylinder diesel

Fully serviced every year

Full galley, electric fridge

Eletrict toilet holding tank

Shower

Bow thruster too

Full bank of battery's to cope with all the power needs

Inverter ....

Warm air central.heating ,electric fridge etc

Ideal boat to cruise all over the river systems of the uk or keep.her on the broads

Full details to follow and pictures

Boat is based norfolk broads on a private moorings

Viewing by appointment with our self's this craft is for sale with us wms Marine only

We have looked after this craft and known the owners for yrs ,they will be sad to sell her

Asking price will be in region of £42.950 offers may be considered

Please feel free to contact my self

Jon Heward

Or tex me 07789095032

6 hours ago, Bogart said:

Went to see the Seamaster last week. As you say has cassette toilet, had my fill of them in caravans over the years.

Also did not like the bulkhead, made it look rather cramped. Still cannot understand why there is a removable panel in it anyway. Neither one thing nor the other. 

Saw a Bounty 27 yesterday, ex Woods hire, actually looked not bad at all. Is currently under offer but the guy is taking an eternity to get the money for it. So we will see.

Have you seen this Bounty 37?

https://www.apolloduck.com/boat/bounty-37-for-sale/683265 

12 hours ago, Bogart said:

There is a 37 on NBS, bit of a diy job in places.

Is that the one with the convertible rear end?

She does look clean and tidy but I just don't get why people decide to put tongue and groove on boats. That's the third bathtub I've seen this week that's had that treatment and it never looks anything other than awful. On that one it is at least a neutral colour.

49 minutes ago, oldgregg said:

Is that the one with the convertible rear end?

She does look clean and tidy but I just don't get why people decide to put tongue and groove on boats. That's the third bathtub I've seen this week that's had that treatment and it never looks anything other than awful. On that one it is at least a neutral colour.

Hope its not the cheap thin plastic tongue and groove that flexe`s when you apply finger pressure.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

Hope its not the cheap thin plastic tongue and groove that flexe`s when you apply finger pressure.

What’s the alternative?  That horrible knotty wooden stuff you get from B&Q?

22 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

Well if one must do it in plastic tongue and groove there are thicker HD versions and I like the wooden ceilings and floors as found on many canal boats however I doubt the wood came from any diy shed.

1 hour ago, Mouldy said:

I've seen two boats like that this week....

Check this beauty out https://www.apolloduck.co.uk/boat/narrow-boats-widebeam-for-sale/692862

I'll have to find the other, she was on an FB sales group.

There's also this one. I think the front cabin might be a bit much for some to 'pallet' :22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

https://www.apolloduck.co.uk/boat/connoisseur-1275-for-sale/692133

1 minute ago, oldgregg said:

I've seen two boats like that this week....

Check this beauty out https://www.apolloduck.co.uk/boat/narrow-boats-widebeam-for-sale/692862

I'll have to find the other, she was on an FB sales group.

There's also this one. I think the front cabin might be a bit much for some to 'palet' :22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

https://www.apolloduck.co.uk/boat/connoisseur-1275-for-sale/692133

It’s all a question of personal taste, I know, but the problem with real tongued and grooved pine is the colour it eventually turns.  I have no problem with the wood interiors of a lot of boats, apart from the maintenance that it will ultimately require.  The glorious finish that comes from the boat builders is often achieved through spraying with varnish and is far beyond my ability with a brush.  As for wooden floors, modern LVT offers a viable alternative to laminate flooring, if you like that sort of thing - we had Karndean flooring in our hall and kitchen in the house we moved from and I used some of the excess in the galley of Norfolk Lady.

3E85EF2D-875C-4A97-A3D5-C01B07F61B3A.jpeg

EBA0F826-3086-4667-85DA-8C98F3A5B749.jpeg

On 06/04/2022 at 14:32, Mouldy said:

It’s all a question of personal taste, I know, but the problem with real tongued and grooved pine is the colour it eventually turns.  I have no problem with the wood interiors of a lot of boats, apart from the maintenance that it will ultimately require.  The glorious finish that comes from the boat builders is often achieved through spraying with varnish and is far beyond my ability with a brush.  As for wooden floors, modern LVT offers a viable alternative to laminate flooring, if you like that sort of thing - we had Karndean flooring in our hall and kitchen in the house we moved from and I used some of the excess in the galley of Norfolk Lady.

3E85EF2D-875C-4A97-A3D5-C01B07F61B3A.jpeg

EBA0F826-3086-4667-85DA-8C98F3A5B749.jpeg

Yes Karndean would be ideal for a boat, looks good and made well.

On 06/04/2022 at 12:41, Mouldy said:

Personally if I had been doing it would have used wood and painted it. The PVC stuff is asking to get scratched.

I did have my eyes set an an ex Herbert Woods Bounty 27 but was just beaten to the post on it, damn.

One thing I find annoying with boat brokers sites is the number of boats that still show up but are sold. They even stick the word SOLD over the old ad photos. If it is sold get it off the site and save me wasting time. Enquired about one the other day, sorry was sold 7 years ago, unbelievable.

• Like 1