London Rascal Spotting

Dogpawz

Saw Robin heading into Horning last night doing his last blog of the year looking very happy on  Brinks rhapsody looking forward to what he has to say about the boat. Hope he got moored up ok as it was  very busy.

Kev on Pacific Princess

• Like 1

Indeed I am enjoying it – though the high than average water levels made getting under Ludham Bridge today interesting. 

I don’t want to spoil things too much – the Blog I am doing is not so much the usual ‘day 1’ and then ‘day 2’ but will be a single video with a full review.  The boat is frankly spectacular inside in the fit out from Walnut and Oak to the 24 bottle wine cooler and on board WiFi system (that works cos’ it uses Three and a proper antenna).

Just some sedate cruising about the rivers to finish off this year…

• Like 6

I remember Herbert Woods had Quiet Light which was all electric, and after one year in the fleet, they changed it back to deisel as it got less than 10 hires in the season (i think?). Although this is a hybrid drive, it does have an awful lot of electrics to drain the batteries, so if you`re watching tv and the batteries go down, does the generator automatically fire up?. Very anti social if you`re watching tv at 22.00 hrs and people with children are going to bed.

I remember Herbert Woods had Quiet Light which was all electric, and after one year in the fleet, they changed it back to deisel as it got less than 10 hires in the season (i think?). Although this is a hybrid drive, it does have an awful lot of electrics to drain the batteries, so if you`re watching tv and the batteries go down, does the generator automatically fire up?. Very anti social if you`re watching tv at 22.00 hrs and people with children are going to bed.

I would guess that the drive batteries were a different sort to the auxilary ones and would be on a different circuit.

"Can we not talk about the 24 bottle wine cooler" Now that's a feature I do like....you wouldn't find that on the lovely old refurbed boats at Ricko's (take note Clive)  :naughty:

Although it's a beautiful boat it cost about £2249 to hire in the July/August months, that's a hell of a lot of money, we could have a couple of holidays on different boats from Richardsons for that and have just as much fun, at the end of the day as long as it floats and it's on the Broads who cares

Personally we prefer not to have all the mod cons of home and slum it on a proper boat, having said that if some one was to offer it for free who am I to turn it down Lol.

Grace

• Like 1

Although it's a beautiful boat it cost about £2249 to hire in the July/August months, that's a hell of a lot of money, we could have a couple of holidays on different boats from Richardsons for that and have just as much fun, at the end of the day as long as it floats and it's on the Broads who cares

Grace

To be honest I did not believe you so I had a look on the Barnes website and you are wrong- it's MORE!!!!!!!

25th July for a week- £2,339 plus £40 damage waiver and a £200 fuel deposit. But........ You do get £10 off if you book online.

Robin -   have you had your Christmas bonus early to be hiring this beauty?     

Has it got a can opener.    Remember the hot dogs?

Assuming they are screw topped bottles or pull cans, no need for a bottle opener,  however,  what is the cooler filled with?    (Ever Hopeful).

I assumed that this was all electric until hubby put me right, does it run on diesel and leccy?

and finally,

NO you cannot phone a friend....