Donation box at Wroxham

fishtone

I see  the BA have put a donation box on the stern on moorings at Wroxham. I think this is a good idea as I  am sure no one minds putting a donation in for mooring there. I certainly will if the water is low enough to get under the bridge..I wonder if this will be done on all moorings. There is a donation box at Womack moorings which is run by the Parish council. I don't know if this is being done on all moorings. What do other members think?

• Like 2

With regards to Womak Staite I think it is correct that a donation box is being used, some late arrivals to the moorings do use this to help keep the moorings maintained by the parish is very good condition.

The above is still my favourite mooring location on the Broads.

Regards

Alan 

• Like 2

I`m not so sure i agree with this at all. Even if they DO use ALL of it to help upkeep the moorings,  i would`nt donate as i`ve already payed to moor there through my tolls, which as JM has said above, only half is used for navigation purposes. I think people are missing the bigger picture here?, If a lot of people make a donation, how long do you think it will be before they install a mandatory mooring charge on ALL BA free moorings.?. I can understand it for boats staying longer than 24 hours, but i certainly won`t be paying any donation to cover what i`ve already payed for. Now if we recieve a substantial DISCOUNT on our tolls because of the donations box, then fair enough, but come on, this IS the BA we`re talking about.

• Like 4

Now, unless things have changed since last year, there is no water point, are the bins refuse area still there, and are the toilets still shut before the stipulated opening and closing times, oh and put money in the donation box. Err I don't think so. :norty:

However, does it just say a donation, not compulsary, yet? A pic of said notice would make things a lot clearer IMHO.

cheers Iain

• Like 2

The donation boxes consist of something like 3" x 3" box section about 3 feet high. The cash goes in at the top and the end where the money goes is cemented into the ground. From memory the one at Somerleyton says "if you have enjoyed your visit here a donation would be appreciated to pay for the upkeep of the moorings (or similar wording)  Dave R.........

• Like 2

The donation boxes consist of something like 3" x 3" box section about 3 feet high. The cash goes in at the top and the end where the money goes is cemented into the ground. From memory the one at Somerleyton says "if you have enjoyed your visit here a donation would be appreciated to pay for the upkeep of the moorings (or similar wording)  Dave R.........

Ah ha, so I'll need a cold chisel & a lump hammer, or a spot of gelignite!

So if no one donates then the moorings won't be maintained? Just playing devil's advocate, you'll understand!

• Like 3