It's Leg-Over time again!

I saw one like that at the ferryhouse a while back and liked it very much, looks like a lot of fun.

I always did like trailies and things, still got an XT600 in the garage but not been used in a couple of years, barely ride me fazer 1000 these days as too busy boating and boozing.

• Like 2

Just read your earlier post Mark - Well done, congratulations - enjoy  (Jammy so and so)

I've been using the Tiger fairly often this year, last Sunday went up to Wetherby area and back, did a Tiling estimate whilst out too.   A few weeks ago had a mad moment, got mysen sorted with the relevant gear and went to my local clay shoot on the Tiger, 2 x hobbies at once - cool.   Annoyingly not been down to the boat on it this year and probably won't now what with winter on its way.  Will have to do so come next spring/summer.  That's my fave ride, not too much dual carriagways plus knowing every yard of the 162 miles door to door makes it great fun

Griff

BA NBN 269.jpg

• Like 1

Not had my 125 motor scooter out much this year, its reviews show it get 5 stars for everything except ride which is hard, which is why it's only been used to go to work for 2 weeks this year due to back problems...

• Like 1

My last bike was a Honda Deauville, not the sports bikes I had been used to, started out at 16 with a Yamaha FS1E the "Fizzy" was the bike to have back then, with a Beeline expansion kit up to 65cc. Eventually gave up bikes after going to one too many fatals involving bikers, I lost my nerve. Now stick to the family saloon.

DSCF0572.JPG

• Like 4

As this thread has come back, i swapped the Royal Enfield earlier this year, after nearly 3years only putting 1k on it.

Lorna found it uncomfortable on the back.

We saw a piaggio X10 350cc scooter for sale locally, had a topbox with backrest on, and a big comfortable seat, that did it for her.

We have probably done more on that this year than ever on the bike.

Took it to the boat in August for the week to run about on, here's a photo i took when we set off back home with it.

WP_20160819_001.jpg

• Like 1

Stuart, a mate of mine had the "Dullsville" as he called it. A good long distance commuter though which is what he used it for. 

They all have there good points though. 

Paul, I know what you mean. Last time the missus got on the back of the GSXR we had stop every 20 miles to massage her hips!!! Mind you I used to get fed up of her bashing into the back of my crash helmet. But that may have been something to do with my braking!!!

• Like 4

I'm afraid the only two wheeled motor driven machine I owned was an MZ S50. I can remember Mum's horror at the sight of the battered blue machine as she declared 'he's going to kill himself'. Only two things I cared about...1) It was bigger, if only slightly, than Fizzer FZz fzz hairdryer things the other kids at school had. 2) I was not my mate who declared his bike was a 'Citroen Screw' instead of a 'sit and screw'...incidentally he is now a traffic cop. :shocked

I gave up the bike thing when I passed my driving test, quickly realising that while my mates were whizzing around on ever faster bikes...one of their girlfriends was sat all cozy like, in my heated, comfortable, car with reclining seats and everything. Oh how they laughed at how slow my Cortina Estate was...sometimes it would be hours before I caught up with them! :naughty:

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

I can wholly recommend the Dove to any member visiting Ipswich - well kept choice of proper beer and quite often a cracking band! Baitrunner - the bike has the look of a Trophy 250 I had for a while before I discovered the joys of parallel twins (and having to park them on a sheet of cardboard to soak up the oil!)

• Like 1

Hi stumpy,

Ah The days of proper bikes and cars!! Oil on the drive meant you had a "hobby"!

I can see the likeness. They wanted to make it look very retro which I think they have succeeded. 

It's also got a 900 cc engine! They have removed about 50lb in weight as well by removing the original pipes and centre stand and replacing other bits with Ali. 

Then they put a fat bloke on it!!:naughty:

unfortunately didn't get to sample any of the beer. 

• Like 1

Just in case anyone is interested as I am testament that any fool can win something, but this is the bike that is up for grabs in the 2017 prize draw. Have a look on their web site if your interested. It's a Guzzy if anyone hadn't spotted that. probably extremely uncomfortable to ride, but I could just look at it all day:-)

http://www.copdock-cmc.co.uk/

Not sure when the tickets go on sale, but they are a quid each and I believe they only sell a limited number (it's probably still a lot). All proceeds go to local charities.

FYI I am not affiliated to the club in any way and hope this doesn't contravene any forum rules.

15032138_1197878796972240_8170014341767931906_n.jpg?oh=eb675e7da645f66982270b5c299f918e&oe=58CCCD1C

• Like 3

I've started to get my leg over a bit more recently.  Initially with my old bike and now by nicking my sons new bike as he hardly ever uses it.  Picture below is of the old one back in summer, it had been a long time since I last rode so I had to stop at my local to recover !!

13769510_10208288132655244_5890426846154

• Like 5