Forum, I have an announcement

LondonRascal

It feels very special and I have had to pinch myself that this is all so, and when you are on the water on board Broad Ambition the feeling is so far removed from a hire boat because not least because I am worried about what other boats are doing around her as if a very delicate possession you cherish and nervously watch on when someone picks it up to look at hoping they will not drop it.

In time I will become more used to how Broad Ambition handles, already it is clear how much more torque and ‘grip’ the propeller has being 4 bladed which means pick up and slowing is very different to hire boats – but the inertia is a lot more because of her weight, put it like this more than double what Belmore TC was when I hired that boat so you even in neutral she will carry on where other boats in a few feet will have slowed to an almost stop.

Also thank you guys for the messages and good wishes certainly very touching.

• Like 3

Well done Robin! I'm sure you'll enjoy B.A  I'm aways telling my Grandkids never give up on your dreams, I still have a few to go but you never know whats around the next corner,,,

Frank,,,,

• Like 1

Ok, probably the wrong topic to put this in but hey ho.

This is v. Short notice but better late than never.

‘B.A’ is tasked with attending the Annual Beccles carnival and river cavalcade this coming weekend. (It’s their first go at this as far as I'm aware)

It is a Saturday / Sunday event.

Crewing up onboard Friday 03rd pm, then sailing night nav for Stokesbey

Saturday morning slipping at nlt than 0500 bound for Beccles (Tides etc)

Eta Beccles Saturday forenoon.

Sat / Sun – ‘B.A’ open to visitors river flotilla etc.

Monday early am sail for Stalham then on completion depart for home.

One or possibly two further crew members onboard for the weekend would be ideal.

Myself and Robin confirmed

Cost? - getting yersen to 'B.A' and home, plus your food/drink/spends as you see fit

Names to me asap if interested via PM / E-mail / Txt etc

Tks,

Griff

• Like 1

All the Very Best Wishes from us, Robin!

What a wonderful way to enter boat-ownership!  :clap :clap :clap

Yes way to start as you mean to go on Robin! :)

Good luck with your driving lessons now you can see straight. Only surprised Griff hadn't already mandated eye test first! :)

The great language divide with be sorted out by two factors:-

1)  It is somewhat unusual for the owners to be onboard at the same time, unless during major maintenance days

2)  We'll just keep it to boaty speak, not even moufy soufy's can cock that up!

Griff

• Like 3

The great language divide with be sorted out by two factors:-

1)  It is somewhat unusual for the owners to be onboard at the same time, unless during major maintenance days

2)  We'll just keep it to boaty speak, not even moufy soufy's can cock that up!

Griff

2) But Northern Nancies might! Hope to see you at Beccles.

• Like 1

Jeff, I can't tell you how much of a hard time I have had over this very subject. After much head scratching over the boats design my legal team along with Lloyds of London deemed that my bit covers aft of the fuel tank and I am simply responsible for water. 

The problem was the other side were of course up in Yorkshire and things are done far more simply (we thought this was a good thing and would mean a walk in the park for us) but alas tanked up on a mixture of strong tea and John Smiths they brought up the some ancient script found in York minster - something about the fact the boat had been restored in 'Gods Country' and how Jesus could turn water into wine - baffled, we enquired what this all meant.

"If Jesus can turn water into wine you can bloody well turn water into Diesel"

So there it is, I've got to be responsible for my diesel use after all.

• Like 8