My Day

LizG

I was woken this morning at 0320hrs by the wind coming in from between NNW & N. Looking out the window across the garden the clouds "Scudding" across the sky were illuminated in moonlight. I should have filmed the scene really.

20201201_033158_001.thumb.jpg.e6934510239d6d8e45b0b289984220b4.jpg

20201201_033210.thumb.jpg.b253c716870239c5b179ee4d18495478.jpg

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, Ray said:

Quite gusty here as well Chris, will visit the beach on my dog walk a little later, I love to see the sea up and waves crashing!

From the direction at present more of Bacton and Walcott's sandscaping will be drifting your way.

I might go to the beach later, go to be in ths morning for annual boiler service.

• Like 1

Nothing more important than boiler service this time year!

Bacton's sand needs to hurry up, it looks like we are in danger of losing the Beach Cafe this winter after many years of fighting erosion of the dunes in front of it by the land owner!

When I got there the patio had gone and they were quickly evacuating the premises of stock and appliances. It seems to be the end of the cafe as far as trading is concerned although the building hasn't gone yet.

The planning authorities would not allow the building to be moved nor a replacement built. I assume they will require professional demolition of the existing before it falls over and on to the beach.

It will indeed Chris! If you're walking this way I can recommend the new tea room in the Post Office called Poppy's. Lovely people, cakes, food etc.

Of course if you are in the village you would be very welcome to call in and have a brew with us.... sadly we don't stock cakes though 🙂🧀

• Thanks 1

Sat Nov 28th

Mid afternoon visit suppliers here in Donny, load van up then drive 150-ish miles to a dwelling just outside Blackthorn near to Bicester.  I am staying in a very old farmhouse with a mate that used to stay on our street when he was a teenager, he is now here with his own family.  Before the recent lockdown II   commenced he had talked me into going down to carry out a tiling job to a large extension.

I arrived about teatime Saturday, the dwelling took some finding.

It was one heck of a busy week.  I kept a note of my actual hours worked, no travelling time of course as all I had to do was step out of the back door.  I worked from Sunday morning right through to the following Saturday teatime - Total hours on the job was 75 and tbh I felt somewhat weary on completion.  90 odd m2 of floor tiling, 200+kg of self levelling and a full day doing prep work

So what's the point of this post?

Ever since we finished the Lads Week back in October I have been itching to get down to 'B.A' in the wetshed, Stalham.  I wanted to bring home the soft furnishings from the wheelhouse for recovering and the fridge door for renovation.  I was supposed to do this in November on completion of a weekend afloat but the introduction of tier three followed by lockdown II cancelled that planned trip afloat.

Whilst I was at the mates dwelling they came out of lockdown II (Along with the rest of us) into tier two which is where I was of course.  Here was my chance.

Saturday 05th Dec.  Departed at 1930 for Stalham, TomTom said it was 150 miles and I would arrive at 2230.  A421, A428, A14 and A11.  I must say the A14 and A11 are a much easier drive than the A17 and A47, dual carriageway and fast moving too.

2130 on the A11, traffic grinds to a halt, on the phone to Bro, he gets on the tinternet - Accident about 400 yds in front of me and I'm facing a 2 x Hrs wait not moving.  Thankfully after only 45 mins we are on our way, I got onboard at 2245 so not too bad.  'B.A' was damp with a small amount of condensation.  Fired up the Planar on full chat, also warmed the Beta through at 1000rpm ahead gently pulling on the stern ropes.  Made mysen a coffee.  Evicted 22 very lazy blue bottles, and there is probably some more around too (Budget angler had a maggot escape committee during Lads Week)

Removed the fridge door, removed the soft furnishing from the wheelhouse, picked a few lengths of hardwood, loaded the lot into the 'GriffTile' van.  Departed for home at 0030 with 158 miles in front of me.  Nearly made it in one run but 30 miles from home I was forced to pull up for a 30 minute power nap as I felt the onset of nodding dog syndrome setting in.  Got home for 0400 Sunday morning.  By 0930 I was at my local clay shooting ground.

Gear from 'B.A' at home - Success 

Griff

BA NBN 880.jpg

BA NBN 881.jpg

BA NBN 882.jpg

BA NBN 883.jpg

BA NBN 884.JPG

BA NBN 885.jpg

BA NBN 886.jpg

BA NBN 887.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Guest Jayfire

Well after a busy last few days I am happy to say that due to having to work all year without leave, I am finally finished with work for 2020. 

The even better news is that I'll now have more time to post top quality jokes for everyone to enjoy :default_hiding:

:default_xmas2:

Made an early Christmas present run to see daughter 1 and family in Barry Island, Wales before the border gets shut and we/they get re-tiered! In Wales 2 separate households can meet in a restaurant for a meal ( no alcohol allowed). It rained all the way there and back and back from the restaurant! Long day but worth it to see my grandson

IMG_20201213_125206_138.jpg

IMG_20201213_125208_476.jpg

IMG_20201213_123706_277.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 2

It certainly was a shame about the weather Liz although probably wise to get it done while you could. Very atmospheric photos and your grandson looks so sweet.

We did something similar today, a rendezvous at a service station to exchange presents with one of our family. It was absolutely pouring with rain so we couldn't even stand outside at a safe distance to chat. Instead we were sat in our respective cars, windows part way down, having a socially distanced conversation for about 30 minutes before one person got out and moved the bags between cars.

We had taken a flask of coffee with us so had that before we drove home ... in the rain! Could have been worse, at least it wasn't snow and ice or the thick fog we had yesterday.