My Day

LizG

Looking for some advice,
This morning as I was metal detecting in the farmers field I made an amazing discovery.
Bearing in mind that Matron is short of Christmas presents as I am a man and think I still have weeks left to shop,

What I found turns out to be priceless.  I reckon  probably 24 carat,  difficult to say with all the dirt.  I couldn't believe my luck.

Now my questions are,
Should I clean the dirt off or let her realise how lucky she is as she cleans her own present?

I don't know how to wrap such an unusual present.
And final question,

Do I cut the green bits off the top or leave them on.

:default_xmas3:

• Haha 5

Do I need extra fenders with socks on so as not to ruin the patina :default_biggrin:.

MM you would be welcome anytime but the BA don’t like it if we triple moor.

Colin :default_winko:

p.s. no decanters on this boat. It doesn’t stay here long enough.

1 hour ago, Islander said:

Do I need extra fenders with socks on so as not to ruin the patina 

Well that's just the short route to algae foot.

MM you would be welcome anytime but the BA don’t like it if we triple moor.

Shhh, I won't tell if you don't.

no decanters on this boat. It doesn’t stay here long enough.

The golden rule of a decanter is that it should be emptied and cleaned the same day it was filled. 

• Like 1

Left home at 9:45am,it’s now 10:20am and we’re back from shopping. Home bargains, Aldi’s and b&m’s. If we haven’t got it we probably don’t need it anyway. No shortages, in fact, no empty shelves. Some overflowing in the fruit and veg section. So that’s it for this year. Time to slowly prepare for the big day.

What times the sun over the yardarm. :default_winko:

Oh, hang on. I’ve still to fit engine bay tube heater, put anti freeze in exhaust system, drain down the water system, put the dehumidifier on and vacuum bag the curtains and bedding once washed...................

Oh well, Happy Christmas everyone.

Colin :default_beerchug:

• Like 6

Well my day just got better. After 15 long months Hot Gossip just acquired a new owner and will shortly be winging her way to strut her stuff on the river Thames.  Greatly relieved  but feeling a pang. she's been our sanctuary for 10 years and we will miss her.

Carole

• Like 5

1 hour ago, addicted said:

Now  begins the hunt for another boat. Tony feels he can  keep on top of the maintainance  on a smaller boat than Hot Gossip.So a sedan with little or no canopy Maybe a Renaissance or similar.

Carole

Will look forward to meeting up again when you find your new boat :594c04f0e761f_default_AnimatedGifVehiclessaily:

• Like 1

Right, that's me done for this year work wise, well on the tiles at least.  Had a late finish as decided to return to grout a bathroom wall tiling job so not home till 2030 but it's done.  Just need to pop round in t morning to spend five minutes doing the silicone, then no more tiling jobs until 05th Jan - Yahoo.  Work diary booked up into April already, but different for 2021 I am making a dedicated effort to try and stick to a five day working week, we'll see

Then it's calls / errands for a couple of hours, collect our pre ordered turkey / ham, a visit to B&Q plus a supermarket.  Home, wash Trevor the Transit, fit the winter wheels / tyres (Still not done) fit s/steel side bars, clean out the cab and load area.  I want to fit an outside 240v socket to front of our hovel and do some garden tidying too.  Probably not get all that lot done in the day but there is always Thursday

All my presents are bought and wrapped - I have a young lady that wraps presents on my behalf (Daughter)

Purdey training will commence in earnest over this festive break, that means hours in the field with lures / whistle. wx permitting.

Looking forward to the festive break even though ours will be a much smaller affair this year

Griff

• Like 7