My Day

LizG

1 hour ago, psychicsurveyor said:

Definitely replace the egding battens or the wind will have the felt off and you will be back up on the roof.

Use some roofing battens and set them just below the top edge to avoid collecting leaves.

Nice work, can you come snd do mine please.

Thanks, for the advice. 

12 hours ago, psychicsurveyor said:

Nice work, can you come snd do mine please.

And mine :default_biggrin:

Liz never fails to amaze me, she does all sorts, respect :default_icon_clap:

The children and I set about making some cupcakes last week in practice for Halloween, they ended up looking more like Yorkshire puddings :facepalm:So part of my day today is gong to be spent with the children attempting to make cakes that actually look like cakes x

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got my eyes photographed yesterday - Stinging drops first then David Bailey - Annual check

Had my free flu jab this morning.

This morning - Got a phone call to go round to a previous client and collect 1/4 pig - cost me £80 which I had forgotten about.  MrsG now rearranging our freezer capacity

Purdey playing havoc daily, right now she is beside me upstairs (Where she is not allowed) 'Sorting out' one of my best trainers :default_ohmy:

Got to tile a splash back above a vanity next job outa here in ten minutes for a girly that was never booked in so she is lucky

Taking :410 shotgun round to inherited grandchild today for measuring up stock

Got some ceiling patchwork to do at daughters after I fitted new extract fans in bathroom and en-suite

Got to gloss woodwork in our back bedroom, fitted wardrobes due next week, then its new carpet and furnishings

Need to visit my suppliers, materials ready for next week#

Need to visit a client this evening for an estimate, lucky for them I have previously allocated them a provisional week early January. Work diary rammed right through into March

The good news is that tomorrow I have a whole day off! - Van needs sorting out in the back and bathing outside, It never stops

Griff

• Like 5

Had a letter from HMG this morning telling me that 'clinically I am a critically vulnerable person', made my day, not! Thank goodness I have space, both a shed and garage in which to play and potter. Thank goodness I have my music and my books in which to loose myself. I also have a near and handy great outdoors. How people living, often alone, in their little boxes, imprisoned in the cities, can cope I dread to think. I have my wife and friends at the end of a telephone line, I am lucky, extremely so, but being told, officially, that I am regarded as a critically vulnerable person, well past it, is a bit of a downer. Still, I had a case of wine delivered yesterday so life isn't all bad!

• Like 7

A very well reasoned post JM. This can't be taken lightly and it's about doing one's best to be safe. But you're right about those struggling with life on their own, or stuck in small accommodation, not a patch of greenery in sight.

Despite the grey skies I am determined to get out for even a short walk every day, especially weekends. And lockdown 2 also means stay home and bake a cake. :)

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

Had a letter from HMG this morning telling me that 'clinically I am a critically vulnerable person', made my day, not! Thank goodness I have space, both a shed and garage in which to play and potter. Thank goodness I have my music and my books in which to loose myself. I also have a near and handy great outdoors. How people living, often alone, in their little boxes, imprisoned in the cities, can cope I dread to think. I have my wife and friends at the end of a telephone line, I am lucky, extremely so, but being told, officially, that I am regarded as a critically vulnerable person, well past it, is a bit of a downer. Still, I had a case of wine delivered yesterday so life isn't all bad!

You used to beat away our winter blues via photography peter 

Well .....we have a duty to keep you occupied :default_eusa_dance:

Finny

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JennyMorgan said:

I had one of those a couple of days ago but I really don’t know why! Although I have my problems, I do not have (as far as I know anyway) any diabetes, heart or lung problems. A call to my surgery didn’t help establish why either. Oh well, a positive of that may be that JM and I may be at the front of the queue for the vaccine when it arrives. 🥴

4 minutes ago, vanessan said:

Oh well, a positive of that may be that JM and I may be at the front of the queue for the vaccine when it arrives

I'm putting it down to my age. 

Re the vaccine, I won't refuse it but I would rather that my dose. so to speak, went to someone more in need, where it would do more good.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

I'm putting it down to my age. 

Re the vaccine, I won't refuse it but I would rather that my dose. so to speak, went to someone more in need, where it would do more good.

I saw a list fairly recently of the order of play for the vaccine if/when it appears. Those in the frontline will get it first I believe, including care home workers and that has to be the way forward. 
Does age really come into it? The letter says you have ‘been identified’ as etc etc, that surely can’t be everyone above a certain age? 

It's not really having any adverse effects on the young many do not even show symptoms that's why many youngsters ain't that bothered about social distancing or wear a mask in public unfortunately it's age discrimination with this disease. The nurses in the family tell me they have been worded up and prepped for a massive go on this front - so watch this space 

I have been told that due to my health (or lack of it) that I will come fairly high in the list for the vaccine, just been for my government approved exercise in Chatsworth Park, it did cross my mind that the people also out walking in the fresh air with masks on, are probably more in need than I am, you have to worry about some peoples mental health.

One of my work associates told me this week that he will not be having the vaccine, as it is the governments way of chipping us all, to late for him I think.

I trust the science but not the scientists.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

Had a letter from HMG this morning.

Only letters I’ve had from HMG recently are to ask for more tax !

Spent a few hours doing some decorating prep in my son’s room while everyone else got stuck into the usual weekend cleaning chores.  Just sat down to relax and see if the rain stops so I can take the dog for a walk, he point blank refuses to go out in the rain!!