My Day

LizG

Sometime back we were between houses waiting for the building of our new house to be completed and having sold our existing one - we didn't have a boat in those days, so, needing somewhere to live we "borrowed" a house from a Farmer friend of ours who luckily had one vacant just when we needed it. It stood looking over a 100 acre field . On the  day we moved in the farmer came over to us as we were unloading the van and imparted  the glad tidings that,, to his intense amusement he had a schedule that day that included "dressing" the field with goodness how much pig manure. It was a hot August day and even though the house was like an oven the windows remained firmly closed!

Carole

Guest Jayfire
On 06/08/2020 at 22:44, petersjoy said:

A quick update, the wedding goes ahead tomorrow, myself and my wife Elaine will be heading to the boat on Sunday for a weeks honeymoon, i will be putting some bunting and banners on the boat so if you see us about give us a shout, if you are moored near us i'll apologise now if there's any boat rocking happens. :8_laughing:

Belated Congratulations to you both Sir, you're a very lucky man (sorry I missed your post before now)

Enjoy your week afloat this week and don't do anything I wouldn't do and you'll have a great time rocking that boat :default_norty:

Seriously though, all the best to you both :412_champagne:

Had a very busy day today. the family came for lunch. Daughter, son-in-law, Granddaughter no. 1 Granddaughter no. 2 and her boyfriend, who we met for the first time today. Lovely lad we thoroughly approve!.  Lots of food consumed and wine of course . A walk over the park with the 2 dogs they brought with them. It was good to  see my son-in- law looking so well having just recovered from pneumonia,  I've  told him if he worries me like that again I'll clip his ear! They've all all just left for the drive home to London. We thoroughly enjoyed our day. |It wouldn't have happened when we had the boat as we wouldn't have been here at this time of the year and in this lovely weather.

Carole

• Like 1

Had the pleasure of the Wooden boat show parading past today,

Mona Queen, not sure if she was at the show but beautiful boat.

Broad Ambition looking splendid as usual,

Nipper, another beauty, shining in the sun.

Just waiting for a sight of Water Rail if Peter heads this way.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, psychicsurveyor said:

Had the pleasure of the Wooden boat show parading past today,

Mona Queen, not sure if she was at the show but beautiful boat.

Broad Ambition looking splendid as usual,

Nipper, another beauty, shining in the sun.

Just waiting for a sight of Water Rail if Peter heads this way.

You missed him just moored at Norwich. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

MrsG - 'Seeing as "We" are decorating and revamping the No2 bedroom, can you fit another double socket'?

No problem at all when you say it quickly.

Griff

BA NBN 870.jpg

it’s easy, you nip down to B and Q buy an extension lead and position it where it’s required job done :default_beerchug:

• Haha 1

it’s easy, you nip down to B and Q buy an extension lead and position it where it’s required job done

Which is exactly what we used to do, till now.  She wants plug sockets with the usb charging outlets in them now. of course she does

what a good job you have all those short ends on the floor planks. that at least means you don't have to make the whole floor clear to lift the boards. 

Those 'Short Ends' were cut by me using my trusty Fein multi tool.  Once connected and floor back down I will have to fit a new length of skirting board too

Griff

2 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

MrsG - 'Seeing as "We" are decorating and revamping the No2 bedroom, can you fit another double socket'?

No problem at all when you say it quickly.

Griff

The solution is far easier than you think. First explain to her that vacuum cleaners are for wimps, then give her ten bob and tell her to buy a new dustpan and brush and that she can buy herself something nice with the change. 

• Haha 1

And on it goes.

Got summoned to daughters in t next village in the last hour.

'Dad, here's what I want you to do.  The extractor fans in both our en-suite and bathroom are rubbish and both of them are in the wrong place.  So I am going to the electrical trade outlet in Donny where you have a trade account, I will order two high capacity extract fans and two downlighting LED fittings.  You can then collect in due course and fit them this time in the proper location above the showers, fit the two fans in the loft and sort out the ducting so it performs better.  Make good the original holes in the ceilings.  Then I'm off to B&Q again with your trade card to purchase a new wall mounted double vanity basin unit for the en-suite.  You can remove the original pair and replace them with the new units'

Really?  Looks like I'll have to book in a full day in my work diary for that little lot then

Griff