My Day

LizG

We drove round Rushden Lakes on our way back from Waitrose. The queue for Primark was about 150 people. M&S nil, Boots 2, Clark’s Shoes 3. I am sure a lot of them were getting kids  clothing as three months is a lot of growing time.

On 13/06/2020 at 22:25, Lulu said:

I remember the shame of our mud weight not fully out of the water when we had our Falcon on the way back from Salhouse.... so embarrassing 

You can always claim you were washing it. That's what I do. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Polly said:

We drove round Rushden Lakes on our way back from Waitrose. The queue for Primark was about 150 people. M&S nil, Boots 2, Clark’s Shoes 3. I am sure a lot of them were getting kids  clothing as three months is a lot of growing time.

Primark? Primark? Words fail me.

• Haha 1

Went to Blakeney for a walk. Most business still closed but caravans are back on hard without tables and chairs to sit on.

Very quiet for time of year and the Haar kept rolling in. If and when the sun broke through the humidity rocketed.

The Hard known locally as The Carnser

20200616_111636.thumb.jpg.c1aa72b496d6b60eb5b9d7c7b191a4e9.jpg

pinned to a bench

20200616_113143.thumb.jpg.f0a164016206680f8d9c8715d68d3145.jpg

Sheringham on way home

20200616_123803.thumb.jpg.c8e72e2d798063370ce605f1137f299b.jpg

Also very quiet. I was the only car at the BP garage.

Today saw the alarm get us up at 5am.

By 5.45 we were off, boat here we come :default_eusa_dance:.

Not looking a good day raining when we set off and drove through some heavy downpours all the way to Beccles.

We arrived at the boat by 9.15.

When we got there, unloaded the car and Elaine got the bacon on for sarnies before i set to work washing the boat down and Elaine started a deep clean inside, starting from the front cabin back. It was still showery out and the boat was wet but easier to wash down. It started to brighten up mid morning.

About 2pm decided to have a little cruise up to Worlingham for a little late lunch, when we got back did a little more work before packing up for the drive back home. set off back at 6.40pm and got home about 10.05pm after one of the quitest runs home ever, hardly any traffic on the road.

Here's a couple of photo's of our little cruise.

IMG_1290.JPG

IMG_1289.JPG

IMG_1301.JPG

IMG_1303.JPG

• Like 8
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, VetChugger said:

Seven hours on the road in a single day! Now there is someone who likes their boat!!   :1_grinning:

Even after 14 years owining it i still enjoy the drive there and back, many years averaging twice a month.

Apart from one other time this was the longest time since just before lockdown that i haven't been to the boat.

Can't wait to be able to stop there overnight again.

Hoping for a week from 8th august for our honeymoon if the wedding can still go ahead on the 7th.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Yesterday, I commenced another new job for a client, this one will be four days to complete.  First job was to remove 30 x m2 of solid wood flooring, glued down onto concrete.  I was hoping it was a hardwood in decent size planks that I could save, clean up and put into our stock.  It turned out to be Oak - Good.  However it was in short planks, the longest of which was only about four n half foot and not many of them.  Added to that was the amount of adhesive stuck to the back which was far from easy to remove, so the lot sadly had to go into my mates bio mass burner.  Disappointing to say the least, can't win em all

Griff

BA NBN 815.JPG

BA NBN 816.JPG

• Like 1
  • Sad 3