My Day

LizG

After being taken by suprise by last nights announcement of the housing market being reopened, I spent today sorting out all the new guidelines and writing policy.

We won't start again for another 4 to 6 weeks because of time lags. No doubt by the time we restart it will have changed again and need amending.

If anybody ever wants to know about Biofuel, please feel free to ask. I was making it from 2008 to 2017, and ran two cars and my boat on it. I only stopped when I was unable to house the processor (had to move house)

There are those who use straight unused veg oil, some take used veg oil, filter it and run their cars on the cleaned oil and those who, like me, chemically changed the used frying oil into BioDiesel.

Any of those methods work, some better than others, but I preferred the full conversion of the oil to biofuel.or FAME as it is properly known (Fatty Acid Methyl Ester), the result of stripping the glycerine from the veg oil by a process called transesterification.

Though I say it myself, I got quite good at it!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

For the last three 15ths of May I have usually gone out, walked and bought myself lunch and generally reflected. Southwold, Brancaster and Dorset being my destinations. 

This year I shall do a bit of hedging and then walk from home. There is no eating out so I roasted a chicken last night and I will have chicken salad.

Today would have been my 49th wedding aniversary.

15th May 1971

1996968473_Screenshot_20200515-064355_Photos2.thumb.jpg.46e6935e8abad72aceb7a8f6094314b7.jpg

A pity the photograph has become marked under Judith's left eye.

• Like 6
  • Love 8

12 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Tomorrows task - Dare I venture down there?

Won't be first thing as I have to venture out and do four estimates for clients

Griff

BA NBN 789.jpg

BA NBN 790.jpg

I spy a crossflow header!

• Love 1

56 minutes ago, FairTmiddlin said:

Hi Chris

Least I could do for today

If you would like to message me with an email address and can scan a better image will be happy to clean the whole thing up for you

Chris B.png

That really is most kind,

PM sent.

I spy a crossflow header!

You do indeed, for Ford 13/1600 OHV and I'm going to sell it, never been used.

is that a hetty hoover? or just a faded henry

It's a full colour Henry that I use at work normally.  The newly installed LED strip lighting is having an effect on photographs making the colours less vivid.  The mighty Tigers colour to the naked eye is a lot more 'In yer dish'  than it appears in t photo

Been out to visit four clients so far at their request doing the anti social thing. It should have been three but got collared by a clients' neighbour, which was nice as she was proper pleasing on the eye and offered me home made cake - Love her to bits already then.   Got one more to visit after lunch then it's down the pit.  I reckon I need PPE just to venture down there :default_icon_e_surprised:  No doubt there be some monster 8 x legged non rent paying squatters in evidence :default_jumelles:

Griff

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, ChrisB said:

Today would have been my 49th wedding aniversary.

She's a beautiful lady Chris. It hurts more on these special days, but that's because you found the one that perfectly matched you. When you've had such a close relationship, you tend to think that all couples are like that. But there are many who are not. Many couples break up, and never find their true match. I know it's not much of a consolation, but you really bathed in that stream of happiness denied to so many. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

That's the pit clear out completed as of this forenoon.  Found all sorts of gear down there.  Sadly a lot of it has gone to the industrial burner.  Although the pit is water / puddle free, it was somewhat damp and over time has degraded much of the gear.  However there were six 1 gallon glass demi johns, lots of home brew / wine making gear - All will be sold / given away.  Ski's / poles / sledges.  Children's games, nick nacks, ornaments etc etc.  Also a set of four rather tired original Ford Granada MK2 rims with Norwegian studded winter tyres on them.  The tyres are in surprisingly fine fettle, probably due to lack of sunlight.  What was surprising is that those rims are nowadays selling for around £200:00 on Fleabay - Result

So, the whole house inside / outside, garage, pit are now complete.  Got to sell some gear now to keep the clutter down. 

Finished just in the nick of time too as tomorrow I am working on a tiler mates project for the next six days, he needs a hand, the renovation project is unoccupied and I have been assured I will be in one room on my todd for the whole week so can maintain being anti-social.  At last I'll be earning some rare and much needed beer chits

Griff

BA NBN 794.jpg

BA NBN 795.jpg

• Like 11

Bit of a mixed day today, running repair req'd on my old van(cv joint), went muuuch more easily than I had anticipated which meant several hours hanging around waiting for an Amazon delivery containing a pair cv boot clip pliers..not helped by the fact it came 3 hours later than they typically do.

Anyway, on completion a test drive was required and that brought me to one of my favourite local views.....cleverclogs points available to anyone who knows where it is and what the significance of one the buildings seen is.......

20200519_112423.jpg

20200519_112417.jpg

20200519_191150.jpg

20200519_190923.jpg

20200519_191126.jpg

• Like 2