My Day

LizG

Apparently not as I received an email after MrsG's declaration that the Doncaster branch was due to reopen.  However the saving grace is that they are not currently offering their paint mixing services.

Tiger - I wish, however the Road tax / Insurance due this month as a result - Sorned due to lack of earnings and the 'Stay Home' instructions

Griff

• Sad 2

A surreal experience today, as the sole attendee of a funeral. Not something I have experienced before or would wish to repeat. 

You will recall I posted of the death of a very old family friend who we lost a week last Saturday. Her funeral was held at the crematorium today. The minister called on Monday and asked if I would be able to attend. Her only family is an estranged daughter living in Australia, her neighbour would like to have attended but is in the at risk category and most of her other church friends are upwards of 80 years of age and so similarly have been recommended to self isolate.

Hence it was the minister and myself. I gave a fine solo rendition of Abide With Me, and her favourite hymn, which is also mine, How Great Thou Art.The crematorium staff were very good, and asked before entering the chapel if I wished to sing the hymns, if not they would "pipe" them instead. I have to admit, I might have the stature of Sir Harry Secombe, sadly not the voice, but she went on her way to the sound of her favourite hymns, sung, not played.

• Like 16
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

My son attended his grandmother’s funeral yesterday.  My daughter lives in Scotland so she couldnt go all the way to Hampshire and back in a day (any other time she could have stopped at ours on the way there and back) so my son called her on FaceTime as the service started and set the phone beside him on the pew so she could ‘be there’ with the rest of the family who were allowed to attend.  Again, very surreal for them all.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

hooray, after 4 weeks of er indooors and just chauffeurring  to the supermarket weekly, have got 2 days essential work,  a guy on a farm needs a ticket to enable him to drive the one at the farm, round trip of 35 miles for today and tomorrow,below are some pics of the venue.just to keep up jays tradition.

a sideline of the farm is Christmas trees and although the venue was closed it makes a great trining ground ,only myself and one trainee

the classroom work was done in the closed cafe see pics below

IMG_0459.JPG

IMG_0457.JPG

• Like 1

now you have no excuse not to do the garage

I never really had an excuse to be honest, it was a principle thing for her to valet just the inside of her own car.  I promised I would make inroads into sorting t garage out once I had exhausted all other tasks.  I'll soon be there at this rate.  Today saw the under stairs glory hole completed, that was a combined effort, I have ended up ordering two LED striplights to replace the current old fashioned small fluorescent strip ones presently in there, seems I forgot those two when I converted the whole house over to LED ages ago now.  I have started but not completed deep cleaning our indoor portable steps that get used for all manner of tasks including decorating so are at present multi coloured, I'll finish them tomorrow along with commencing deep cleaning all the kitchen wall tiles / grout, remove and replace the silicone - That will probably take most of the day.

Griff

• Like 1

On 20/04/2020 at 22:22, SwanR said:

Anyone looking for a film to watch to fill their time? If you have access to Sky movies then I highly recommend Yesterday. An easy watch, a clever idea, good music and local interest with a lot of filming around Gorleston. 

Watched this the other day. Thanks SwanR.

An excellent feel-good and entertaining film.

I especially like the line "Why would anyone want to leave Suffolk ? "

Competition - spot as many of the local locations used in the films.

• Like 1

This is getting close / serious now.  The ever closer looming 'Elephant in the Room' that is the garage sort out is now only one 'Working' day away. 

Yesterday - completed the steps and all the kitchen wall tiles / grout / silicone.  Plenty of Brownie points from MrsG with this one.  That just leaves today left, Sunday being our day 'Off'.  Today it is the turn of our kitchen / conservatory floor tiles - Deep clean, throughout which entails all furniture being moved, hands n knees attention etc.

Once that's completed, if items ordered on line don't arrive early Monday or better still today then I will have no other option than to make a start on the garage :default_ohmy:

Film watched yesterday was 'Dolittle' the latest version

Griff

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

This is getting close / serious now.  The ever closer looming 'Elephant in the Room' that is the garage sort out is now only one 'Working' day away. 

Yesterday - completed the steps and all the kitchen wall tiles / grout / silicone.  Plenty of Brownie points from MrsG with this one.  That just leaves today left, Sunday being our day 'Off'.  Today it is the turn of our kitchen / conservatory floor tiles - Deep clean, throughout which entails all furniture being moved, hands n knees attention etc.

Once that's completed, if items ordered on line don't arrive early Monday or better still today then I will have no other option than to make a start on the garage :default_ohmy:

Film watched yesterday was 'Dolittle' the latest version

Griff

Oh no not the garage:default_badday:

• Haha 2

Before 9:00 am and one job done.

The cable for the under cabinet light in the kitchen has always hung down since the day we moved in, well I have shortened it and now no white cable visible.

She knows I always get round to doing a job!

paul

Ps we have only lived in this house 19 years.

• Haha 5

Paul - Don't go rushing into these things - She will only get more ambitious ! :default_rofl:

Yesterday I was working on:-

Aqua-thermal treatment of ceramics, aluminium and steel under a constrained environment

Or to put it more simply for you lot:-

Washing dishes with hot water under MrsG's supervision

Griff

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Today is our 31st wedding anniversary but we will not be spending it the way we would have done in other circumstances. Still it is what it is.  I got  a lovely bunch of flowers  - well two actually,  one of roses to mark the occasion and one of tulips because they are my favourites. No doubt we  shall do justice to a decent bottle of  Malbec this evening. Whatever you are doing today I hope it goes well.

Carole

• Like 5

1 hour ago, addicted said:

Today is our 31st wedding anniversary but we will not be spending it the way we would have done in other circumstances. Still it is what it is.  I got  a lovely bunch of flowers  - well two actually,  one of roses to mark the occasion and one of tulips because they are my favourites. No doubt we  shall do justice to a decent bottle of  Malbec this evening. Whatever you are doing today I hope it goes well.

Carole

Happy Anniversary to you both!  We are just about to go and sit in the garden in the sunshine and will raise a glass to you 

• Thanks 1