My Day

LizG

The 400-4 will be on the road one day but not until I get retired and can do a full restoration on it.  Which I am looking forward to and have been for years now.    I've just about lost count a long time ago now the amount of times I have been asked to sell it.  I used it in Gibraltar with forays into Spain.  It went surprisingly well, when on the power band it positively flew.  I used it for about six months back here around Donny in 2000.  It was the first bike and first time I actually had a go at the opposite steering bar method - 'Counter steering' I think it is called.  Numerous attempts at it before I eventually had enough bottle to actually try it and was amazed that  1) I didn't fall off (Bonus) and  2) Just how effective it is for cornering / flicking through the twisties.  Nowadays on the mighty Tiger it is second nature without even thinking about it - or it was when I used to use it  :default_sad:

Partial day off tomorrow from garage sorting with it being VE day.  Another joyful discovery made.  Not in the garage this time but up the loft getting our huge mail sack full of flags out to decorate the outside of the house.  All will be revealed tomorrow

Griff

• Like 4

We've been clearing brambles, reorganizing trailer parking,  preparing for the new shed. also moving a lot of bricks and slabs. Yesterday 400bricks, 20 Heavy duty breeze blocks,  and 4 2ft square 2 inch thick slabs 41kg each!!!

Another 400bricks and 30 of those slabs to move. 

Having had problems melting the lead safely,  I've bought a proper lead melting pot,  which should arrive in the next few days according to the parcel tracker. 

Talking of parcel trackers, on clearing the Ivy off the garage,  it was discovered the lean to corrugated iron shed was on the point of collapse, so a new shed was ordered..  The tracker showed all 4 parcels leaving the depot together..  After a wander around Germany, they arrived separately in Oldbury the other side of Birmingham, Leicester,  and direct to Snetterton.  They then arrived in three separate deliveries from Snetterton , on three consecutive days .

On one day,  the tracker showed the driver had 128 deliveries between Sheringham and Potter Heigham as far inland as Hoveton .  He left the depot, at 08:30. Reaching us, delivery 123 at 16.45. The courier is just one of many companies, it just shows how much ordering is online these days and why shops are closing. 

Time for a Muggacoffee then start on moving  bricks... 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

This 400/4 I bought for £25 15yrs ago all in boxes!! Rusty it most certainly was! 12 months later and this was how she looked. Sold it 8yrs ago as it was just cluttering up the garage

Just....Wow!

I know of a Honda C50 (might be the 70 or the 90) which was carefully dismantled and all the parts placed in boxes a long time ago sitting in a garage in Berkshire should anybody want an easy project.

Also know of a Kawasaki GPz900r that would make an easy project. It is all complete but hasn`t been run for some time.

I have a close friend that restores classic bikes as a sort of full time hobby - He's really good at it and has a wealth of knowledge. He is also one of our regular Lads Week crews in fact he is the fourth Skipper

He might well be interested in both Bikes should they come up for sale

Griff

Half an hour after my last post, the lead melting pot arrived,  working on something hot might be an idea tomorrow even if I have to have the garage doors open to let the fumes out.. 

I built this for my wife a couple of years ago, it was an american import, very unpleasant when it arrived.

I had one when I was 17, re living my youth!, if only, I did have a very good time !!

P1010553.jpeg

• Like 1

If you can't re live a very mis spent youth, second best is to buy the things you couldn't afford then.

Perhaps if I had saved the money I spent on having a good time, I could have an MV Agusta too, sad day when my mother refused point blank to carry on sponsoring my lavish lifestyle!, sometimes life can be very unkind when you are young and lazy.

P1010551.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Victoryv said:

If you can't re live a very mis spent youth, second best is to buy the things you couldn't afford then.

Perhaps if I had saved the money I spent on having a good time, I could have an MV Agusta too, sad day when my mother refused point blank to carry on sponsoring my lavish lifestyle!, sometimes life can be very unkind when you are young and lazy.

P1010551.jpeg

Are all your bikes red?

2 hours ago, JanetAnne said:

Are all your bikes red?

I had a red BSA Bantam, a red Triumph Tiger Cub a red Aerial Red Hunter and my last bike was a blue Honda 90 - the only one that didn't leak oil and break down with monotonous regularity. 

No walk today but another little treat recieved in the post......

....took me right back to being a child excitedly and exhaustively perusing all the lovely boats ready to present my case to my folks about which one we should hire and why:default_biggrin:

20200513_135417.jpg

• Like 2

I can confirm that North Norfolk is still firmly closed today. All car parks, toilets are firmly shut. Even the "Hard" at Blakeney is shut. However I had a great walk on the Saltmarsh seeing only one dog walker.

20200513_135628.thumb.jpg.f451ac486c9d66c322dbdbed7fb77c09.jpg

20200513_111459.thumb.jpg.457eb4af46fc0ff6c19bb3b5033b564d.jpg

20200513_135523.thumb.jpg.ab826fa0165f1a33a2f6391be939c450.jpg

20200513_111530.thumb.jpg.83b3a1f5f58b686bdaff6ff22d69c49e.jpg

This is a firm favourite of mine! Named "Lion of Morston" she is a one off wooden craft with her lines taken off a small Hastings Lugger. The way the planking come up on the counter stern is a work of art.

20200513_140519.thumb.jpg.2982551bc48b1abe3002e6fd2417e440.jpg

• Like 6

At far end of t garage there used to be a window.  It was pointless having it there as all it did was give me a view into the neighbours back garden which was proper awkward / nosey.  I initially years ago stuck some wall paper over it, then had it bricked over.  The bricky pointed up the outside but left the inside in a right mess.  Now I was finally able to get access to it, scraped off all the proud and loose cement, primed it, then screeded over filling in all the holes / gaps with some flexible cement based porcelbond tile adhesive.  Much better - Jobs a gudden

My garage clear-out is now very nearly completed.  Just a few more items to sell on.  There is still the storage bins to empty, clean and sort out though.

Then there is the full length 5ft deep pit to have a look at :default_ohmy:

Griff

2101080362_BANBN784.thumb.jpg.ad04e6a6966066ba7081ebeb3f9ed812.jpg

BA NBN 782.jpg

BA NBN 783.jpg

• Like 3