My Day

LizG

Really sorry to read this w-album, the plus side is how quickly they are reactingn .to help her but of course it's a worrying time for her and your whole family.

Thoughts and very best wishes to her and you from me and my wife, Gill 

• Like 1

On 08/06/2020 at 09:55, Polly said:

My birthday 🎁 and it is a strange feeling that Warp, who grew up in this house has to sit outside for a birthday visit. Madness. However we shall indeed have a nice outdoor afternoon tea, take away from our favourite coffee shop. 🎂

A belated happy birthday Pauline, from Nik and Steve.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Ray said:

Also, the shame of seeing my fenders dragging in water! First job next visit!!!

I remember the shame of our mud weight not fully out of the water when we had our Falcon on the way back from Salhouse.... so embarrassing 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ray said:

We've all been there I'm afraid lol I still cringe at some of my more spectalar moorings and there's always an audience when something goes wrong 😁

And rarely an audience when you do the perfect mooring ! 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Lulu said:

And rarely an audience when you do the perfect mooring ! 

Ali almost managed a stunning mooring the other day. Inch perfect on the approach just millimeters from the quayhead and forgot to stop the boat... Yup, almost sailed right past!

• Haha 1

Went clay shooting Wednesday early evening, this is a once monthly fixture that is now back on the diary,  sadly no pub dinner afterwards.  Yesterday having completed tiling a clients kitchen / dining room floor, roared off to Donny on Tiger for fish food, got home then back to clients and completed the grouting.  Day off today so its clay shooting for the whole forenoon .  Then its round to daughters to refit a radiator and install an new w/c. Then prep materials / gear for Mondays client.   After that I just might get some time to sort out the light upgrades to the Tiger

Griff

• Like 1

This Weeks Labours:-

The problem is, when I moved here 13 years ago I could knock the place into shape in a couple of days. Now it takes a week! There were also two of us working as a team, that makes a big difference, believe me.  I had a gardener lined up for this year but like so many other plans corvid kicked that into touch.

20200613_130855.thumb.jpg.d61c3b65ed52968e592de49e8d4b8c40.jpg

20200613_130827.thumb.jpg.e6a0f80435e451921ce4a85b05d88792.jpg

20200613_113805.thumb.jpg.8772367398bef403a23738941f332abc.jpg

I enjoy walking behind the mower and anyway I could always buy a sit on if it gets too heavy but those hawthorn hedges are a killer as you have to wear thornproofs to do the job and it gets bl**dy hot!

• Like 4

9 hours ago, JanetAnne said:

Ali almost managed a stunning mooring the other day. Inch perfect on the approach just millimeters from the quayhead and forgot to stop the boat... Yup, almost sailed right past!

It was an intentional touch and go mooring..

• Like 2

Sewing again!   
NHS scrub bags done earlier in the lockdown check 100 or so face masks (sorry coverings) finished- friends and family. Check
Saturday was operation dinghy cover. I threw away the Weathermax colour sampler about 8 days ago as I thought it was not required, so naturally the old dinghy cover split shortly after bin collection day.😑

The old cover, cheap and cheerful fabric from EBay had uv degraded at last-after a reasonable time, it has to be said.

I rang the sail loft at our local chandlery. 
“What colour can I get to go with British Racing Green?”

”Not sure, someone has wandered off with my colour book.”

”You too?”

We commiserated and checked the website. Steve recommended a charcoal grey with a lighter yarn woven in and I went for that.

A couple of days later, he rang to say it was in. We drove over and he did a contactless delivery into the car. Result.

I like Weathermax, it is light and very high spec, so the new cover went together quite fast. I just need to do eyelets tomorrow and job’s a good’un..

Spiderman and generally Marvel masks...sorry coverings.

FEB4A874-50F8-44C0-B967-6EB8275BB475.jpeg

1891EC6C-D212-490E-A76E-4CD04B1A72C4.jpeg

• Like 8

Sewing again!   
NHS scrub bags done earlier in the lockdown check 100 or so face masks (sorry coverings) finished- friends and family. Check
Saturday was operation dinghy cover. I threw away the Weathermax colour sampler about 8 days ago as I thought it was not required, so naturally the old dinghy cover split shortly after bin collection day.
The old cover, cheap and cheerful fabric from EBay had uv degraded at last-after a reasonable time, it has to be said.
I rang the sail loft at our local chandlery. 
“What colour can I get to go with British Racing Green?”
”Not sure, someone has wandered off with my colour book.”
”You too?”
We commiserated and checked the website. Steve recommended a charcoal grey with a lighter yarn woven in and I went for that.
A couple of days later, he rang to say it was in. We drove over and he did a contactless delivery into the car. Result.
I like Weathermax, it is light and very high spec, so the new cover went together quite fast. I just need to do eyelets tomorrow and job’s a good’un..

Spiderman and generally Marvel masks...sorry coverings.
FEB4A874-50F8-44C0-B967-6EB8275BB475.thumb.jpeg.f964d324bb4d2092672cabb31d3f25b2.jpeg
1891EC6C-D212-490E-A76E-4CD04B1A72C4.thumb.jpeg.45a92b9cad5911f7899a1aae03321346.jpeg

Loving the face masks and a big nhs thank you for the scrub bags

Sent from my iPhone using Norfolk Broads Network
  • Like 1