Diy Sos (forum Style)

34 minutes ago, Malanka said:

Timmy wear your academic gown (I just KNOW) you have one! Then you may look all professorial and erudite, just before falling down and swearing like a trooper.

After that I suggest you sit in a wheelbarrow and be whizzed back and forth to supervise.

I still have my tippet but I lost my Tudor hat...swearing? Me? Little me? Swear? I'll have you know I don't smoke, I don't drink, I never swear...and I'm rubbish in bed!

There are some mugs on Royal Tudor...however, they contain what could be mould, possibly epoxy, definitely sawdust, wood screws
and cobwebs. There's also a Tassimo machine with similar contents. 

I'm currently looking out the sections of rail and window cope I brought home to try and copy. I have more sanding discs in the shed at home as well as another orbital sander and a second mouse sander with the three orbitals, one mouse and one belt sander down on the boat.

Do I need to bring down any additional tools Doug? 

You have mice for sanding, do you have to feed them, do they run away? How long was the training? How do you attach the paper to their tiny little feet, what about droppings? Oh the questions they just keep coming.

What do the boat beagles think, ours would eat them for breakfast, or at least try and show willing.

Who said you were rubbish in bed ? I didn't.... 

• Haha 1

I've got everything crossed that I will be down there from the Friday evening with brother in law Steve. He'll be fit and I'll be ready to go! Final preparations are still being made, but I've got a beagle sitter, Steve has the weekend off...I just need permission for the powers that be!

For anyone not familiar with the 31ft of gorgeousness that is Royal Tudor or the idiot that owns her, here's a potted history and glimpse of what we are up against!

• Like 5

On 24/04/2018 at 17:45, SteveDuk said:

Just a thought LondonRascal are you going to film this?

It is hard to do when you are also doing works and trust me cameras and sawdust and varnish don't go well together, I shall see but for sure will take photos to share here with everyone.

I don't suppose it would be possible to get RT moved out a bit into the middle this week? 

Any extra access would be really helpful with a lot going on at the same time.

Just a few days to go now......  exciting ain't it!!  :default_eusa_dance:

3 hours ago, JanetAnne said:

I don't suppose it would be possible to get RT moved out a bit into the middle this week? 

Any extra access would be really helpful with a lot going on at the same time.

Just a few days to go now......  exciting ain't it!!  :default_eusa_dance:

Reckon there might be enough people to just pick it up.

• Sad 1

On 29/04/2018 at 21:08, LondonRascal said:

It is hard to do when you are also doing works and trust me cameras and sawdust and varnish don't go well together, I shall see but for sure will take photos to share here with everyone.

I picked up a cheap go pro type camera in a waterproof case, I can set this up to do a time lapse of photos every so many seconds, then create  video of the whole.

I will be headed up friday after work, so as to be ready bright and early Saturday morning.

• Like 1

Just a reminder, that those staying on the 'hotel boat B.A.' you will either need to bring a duvet cover (but not duvet), pillow case and bed sheet or a sleeping bag. Toilet breaks are not avoidable of course,  but where able to use Richardson's 'Shore side facilities' or those at Martham.

Looking forward to this weekend too!

• Thanks 1