• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

Not a member yet? Sign up here and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

• If you would like to support the forum, please consider visiting the forum shop, where you can purchase such items as NBN Burgees, Window Stickers, or even a custom Limited Edition Wooden Throttle Control Knob

Forum Shop

brundallNavy

Diy Sos (forum Style)

34 minutes ago, Malanka said:

Timmy wear your academic gown (I just KNOW) you have one! Then you may look all professorial and erudite, just before falling down and swearing like a trooper.

After that I suggest you sit in a wheelbarrow and be whizzed back and forth to supervise.

I still have my tippet but I lost my Tudor hat...swearing? Me? Little me? Swear? I'll have you know I don't smoke, I don't drink, I never swear...and I'm rubbish in bed!

There are some mugs on Royal Tudor...however, they contain what could be mould, possibly epoxy, definitely sawdust, wood screws
and cobwebs. There's also a Tassimo machine with similar contents. 

I'm currently looking out the sections of rail and window cope I brought home to try and copy. I have more sanding discs in the shed at home as well as another orbital sander and a second mouse sander with the three orbitals, one mouse and one belt sander down on the boat.

Do I need to bring down any additional tools Doug? 

You have mice for sanding, do you have to feed them, do they run away? How long was the training? How do you attach the paper to their tiny little feet, what about droppings? Oh the questions they just keep coming.

What do the boat beagles think, ours would eat them for breakfast, or at least try and show willing.

Who said you were rubbish in bed ? I didn't.... 

• Haha 1

I've got everything crossed that I will be down there from the Friday evening with brother in law Steve. He'll be fit and I'll be ready to go! Final preparations are still being made, but I've got a beagle sitter, Steve has the weekend off...I just need permission for the powers that be!

For anyone not familiar with the 31ft of gorgeousness that is Royal Tudor or the idiot that owns her, here's a potted history and glimpse of what we are up against!

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Maxwellian said:

Looking forward to actually meeting you Tim and all the rest of course.

Don't..... I did once and only just escaped with my sanity........ :default_icon_eek:   !

• Haha 2

Wish we could join you. (Though Graham would be far more useful that me!)

I do love the way so many people here want to help out. Friends indeed!

Helen

• Like 1

On 24/04/2018 at 10:06, Malanka said:

After that I suggest you sit in a wheelbarrow and be whizzed back and forth to supervise.

I hope we have a wheelbarrow whizzer attending?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MauriceMynah said:

Don't..... I did once and only just escaped with my sanity........ :default_icon_eek:   !

you must have taken Timbo's sanity, I didnt think you had one before.

• Haha 3

On 24/04/2018 at 17:45, SteveDuk said:

Just a thought LondonRascal are you going to film this?

It is hard to do when you are also doing works and trust me cameras and sawdust and varnish don't go well together, I shall see but for sure will take photos to share here with everyone.

anyone got a go-pro we could mount up and take pictures every 30 secs that we could then turn into a video, I did the video conversion a few years back for a transformer install over two days, and they used a go pro for that.

Is there a plan Doug ?

Do you need any tools bringing /

I think we have most tools we need, I will look at what needs doing and make a list this week, must do’s, nice to do, and if we get a chance.

Doug.

• Like 2

I don't suppose it would be possible to get RT moved out a bit into the middle this week? 

Any extra access would be really helpful with a lot going on at the same time.

Just a few days to go now......  exciting ain't it!!  :default_eusa_dance:

Selsie and I are really looking forward to helping out and meeting everyone.

Any idea of what time we are starting? 

I reckon that depends on what time the bacon rolls are ready :default_biggrin:

3 hours ago, JanetAnne said:

I don't suppose it would be possible to get RT moved out a bit into the middle this week? 

Any extra access would be really helpful with a lot going on at the same time.

Just a few days to go now......  exciting ain't it!!  :default_eusa_dance:

Reckon there might be enough people to just pick it up.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, JanetAnne said:

I reckon that depends on what time the bacon rolls are ready :default_biggrin:

that depends on madam chef, she is staying on nipper overnight so will no doubt be up and about early(ish)

• Sad 1

On 29/04/2018 at 21:08, LondonRascal said:

It is hard to do when you are also doing works and trust me cameras and sawdust and varnish don't go well together, I shall see but for sure will take photos to share here with everyone.

I picked up a cheap go pro type camera in a waterproof case, I can set this up to do a time lapse of photos every so many seconds, then create  video of the whole.

I will be headed up friday after work, so as to be ready bright and early Saturday morning.

• Like 1

Just a reminder, that those staying on the 'hotel boat B.A.' you will either need to bring a duvet cover (but not duvet), pillow case and bed sheet or a sleeping bag. Toilet breaks are not avoidable of course,  but where able to use Richardson's 'Shore side facilities' or those at Martham.

Looking forward to this weekend too!

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, grendel said:

Will Hotel Boat BA be available from Friday Night?

It will be from late afternoon since I am going to be there myself

• Thanks 1