Hello

Graylingdave

Just a quick HELLO and a bit about us, We've hired boats for 20 odd years, back in the days of Blakes and last year took the plunge and bought a Weston 670 which i completely rebuilt (cost 1000's)

sold it this year and upgraded to a Bounty 27 Sedan called "Grayling", best thing we ever did, will be spending New years eve / day on the boat. So again "Hello" to everyone on the forum.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

:default_welcome: from me too. I guess that is Pacific Grayling that you now own? Well done on that, as soon as I saw it was for sale I knew it would go very quickly. It was always a popular boat and appealed to so many. May you have many wonderful trips on her (and don’t forget to tell us about all of your adventures!). 

14 hours ago, FairTmiddlin said:

A source of wit, but watch some of the members, they bite.

12 hours ago, JanetAnne said:

Twas nowt but a playful nip...:default_blush::default_smiley-taunt014:

Having put my teeth in my back pocket for safe keeping, then forgotten where I had put them, then in a half starved temper tantrum throwing myself into the chair and biting my own backside on the process...it was more than a nip I tell you! 

Welcome aboard!

• Haha 1

Hi, been lurking and reading the forum for awhile and thought it was about time I introduced myself.

I am new to the broads but have spent time on sisters canal boat on the Leeds- Liverpool canal so not a total novice to watercraft and same sister used to live in Norwich where my liking for the area started. So many years later having taken early retirement I am finally here and looking for my own boat so there will be cry`s of "Help and what would you do?" to come I`m afraid for which I thank you in advance.

Must say it seems nicer here than some of the plumbers forums I am a member of. :1310_thumbsup_tone1:

• Like 2

Hello Pumpmedic welcome to the forum.

You will find that although being proficient  on the canals is by no means a bonus when first starting on the Broads. I found this 18 years ago when we bought our share in Ranworth Breeze, my 27 years on the canals did not count for much. The wind and tides were something that had to be learnt very quickly.

Regards

Alan

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Hello Pumpmedic welcome to the forum.

You will find that although being proficient  on the canals is by no means a bonus when first starting on the Broads. I found this 18 years ago when we bought our share in Ranworth Breeze, my 27 years on the canals did not count for much. The wind and tides were something that had to be learnt very quickly.

Regards

Alan

Thanks Alan, no doubt I have much to learn, just referenced canals to show my experiance however limited it may be but I need to hear comments like this.

16 minutes ago, oldgregg said:

Yeah, I've seen a few of those... They seem to consist of posts saying "You don't want to do it like that" whatever the question is.

Haha, I`m on different plumbers forums and yes some are like that, in fairness you do often see that after a DIYer wanabie plumber has posted bad advice. 

16 minutes ago, oldgregg said:

• Like 1