Hair! (grrr)

YnysMon

Anyone else fed up with the state of their hair, now that we can’t get a hair cut? I’m not someone that loves going to the hairdresser/being pampered (in fact I hate all that) but my hair is really getting out of hand. I usually like my hair short in the spring /summer. Just wish I’d had a hair cut before lockdown. It’s starting to flop over my eyes.

:default_badday:

Graham has offered to give me a ‘buzz cut’...somehow that doesn’t sound that inviting. :default_coat:

• Haha 2

I’m getting there! Should have gone on 10th April so it’s now starting to get out of hand. I have cut my husband’s hair for the past 25 years but there’s no way I would tackle my own. Or let him loose with the scissors and trimmer! The dogs next appointment at the groomer should be on 5th May so they’re eventually going to end up looking like unshorn sheep. Hairdressers, barbers, groomers and the like are sure going to be busy when this is over. 

• Like 3

Ive been set the task to cut Selsies hair.  This could be a complete disaster and he has been warned.

I watched a few YouTube videos on how to put layers in my hair myself and it turned out ok :) 

• Like 1

My wife has cut my hair now for the last fifty years, she's just about got the hang of it now!  For the first time ever, a week ago, she asked me to take three or four inches off her hair. Gulp, my life was in my hands but I have sat watching her cut mine for all these years, it really can't be that hard, and it wasn't and I'm still alive and am still married! 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

My hair was last cut 6 weeks ago and it is reaching the point of being extremely irritating once more. I have given up shaving for the duration and now sport a "full set" of white whiskers.  I am thinking of re-purposing my beard trimmer as a hair trimmer, but once you have started there is no going back and I am a little nervous.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SteveO said:

My hair was last cut 6 weeks ago and it is reaching the point of being extremely irritating once more. I have given up shaving for the duration and now sport a "full set" of white whiskers.  I am thinking of re-purposing my beard trimmer as a hair trimmer, but once you have started there is no going back and I am a little nervous.

A pony tail or a plait maybe? Then you'll need to decide, a monkey or a parrot on your shoulder?  A wooden leg and a eye patch would finish things off a treat!

• Haha 2

Clippers, number 3 all over once a fortnight. Haven't seen inside a barber's for at least 10 years lol

My wife, Gill on the other hand.... looks lovely whatever she does with her hair. Of course! 😄

(This has nothing to do with being in lockdown, I can always sleep in the shed)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Ditto with Ray, hair clippers, no3 and done mostly by feel (and yes i occasionally miss a bit at the back), but my daughter normally tells me, i have been doing my own for the past 15 years at least and have worn out several sets of clippers in that time.

• Like 1

Helen I’m with you on this. My hair has never been long in all my life. It grows out not down being wavy. I have no intention of trying to cut it myself so given it was last cut at the end of February we are now past its usual six week cut. It may well be looking quite wild before I can do anything about it. 

• Like 1

Last haircut was December.  I'm putting up with it so far.  However I can feel the need to get the buzzer out and do it mysen.  A number four all over will suffice.

MrsG's hair is now proper long - As a result she now sports 'Pillow Hair'

= Looks good on a pillow - Preferably mine :default_norty:

Griff

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My hair ususally gets left to it's own devices for months n months at a time anyway so it's business as usual for me. I did however shave my beard right off 'just to see' quite early on in the lock down and I'm glad to say it should be almost fully re-grown by the time I go back to work! (it seems I have grown a few extra chins under it!)

To those considering a DIY haircut remember the sooner you do it the longer you have for it to grow out before going fully public again.......

• Haha 2

I  have a hairdresser come to the house usually and  does both my and Tony's hair.  I am now in danger of finding out what colour my hair actually is as apart from when it grew back after falling out courtesy of the chemo back in 2005 I haven't actually seen it  "au naturel" since I was about 16!

Carole

I always used to get my hair cut by Neil, who ran "The Barber's Kite Shop" in Ripon. There he sold stunt kites and accessories and cut hair. When he retired I knew nothing else could compete with such a quirky barber, so it's been number 2 once a week ever since, apart from a couple of breif labses when an arm injury meant I couldn't reach to do it.