Hair! (grrr)

YnysMon

Well, I obviously touched a point of mutual concern. Very envious of you guys who cut your own hair. Mine has got to the point where I can’t see what I’m doing when on the allotment, or when it’s breezy.

(like today:default_badday:)

Tried wearing a cap but my hair is so mad that my cap keeps falling off. Like Jean (SwanR) my hair doesn’t grow gracefully downward but outwards.

Have nicked Graham’s buff and made a beanie of it. I know I look really silly in it, but at least I can see where I’m going!

• Haha 2

So, I finally couldn’t stand all the hair in my eyes any longer and screwed up my courage to submit to Mr Graham’s hair salon. He used his clippers on the longest hair setting, and did warn me half way through that it would be ‘the liberation of Paris 1944 look’. Typically for Graham he also commented that one of my ears was lower than the other, and he could level them out for me. I bet Mrs Jenny Morgan didn’t have to go through all that when Peter cut her hair.

Anyway, despite all the teasing, I think I can live with the result without having to slink around the neighbourhood in a hat.

FF1DB0F8-FBF4-4448-BAC4-F2D7F55BB6E6.thumb.jpeg.4729af836f4840dbdcaa884c7df961a4.jpeg

• Like 5

I have a very thick mop that grows fast, every 4 weeks it has to be cut and thinned out. When I moan about the grey they always say " you will never be bald though"

I might rewind 30 years and have a pony tail.

I will need to get an estimate before the next cut. I have used the same hairdresser for 45 years, now on my third snipper as the first one moved to Australian after 25 years,  his business partner passed away a few years later. I am now on the trainee who joined 34 years ago and is now fifty and owns the business. :default_biggrin:

I like continuity.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, psychicsurveyor said:

I have a very thick mop that grows fast, every 4 weeks it has to be cut and thinned out. When I moan about the grey they always say " you will never be bald though"

I might rewind 30 years and have a pony tail.

I will need to get an estimate before the next cut. I have used the same hairdresser for 45 years, now on my third snipper as the first one moved to Australian after 25 years,  his business partner passed away a few years later. I am now on the trainee who joined 34 years ago and is now fifty and owns the business. :default_biggrin:

I like continuity.

Yeah - same as me - every 4 weeks. Had it done the Tuesday before lockdown so at the point of starting to annoy me now. Normally have different grades from a 1 at the back to a 4 on top. Choices are get a set of clippers and do a 3 all over maybe or reach for the razor ( definite possibility if they announce lockdown to end of May )

• Like 1

10 hours ago, YnysMon said:

He used his clippers on the longest hair setting

I did vaguely wonder about this myself yesterday. Not sure that I quite have the courage yet. But yours looks really good Helen. 👍

• Like 1
  • Love 1