Most Of The Oldies Have Had The Jab Now.

Chelsea14Ian

2 minutes ago, Jbx5 said:

Good news Vaughan so are the French giving this to all age groups now as they can’t seem to make their mind up ?

As far as I know they are giving it to those over 75, having given first priority to old peoples' homes. I am 73, but my wife Susie has a long term stomach complaint which may have put her in a potential risk category, so the doctor said he would do us both together.

I get the impression that each French department is in its own situation and it seems you are better off in a rural location as we are, than if you live in one of the big urban areas.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

Surprise, surprise!

We had a phone call from the doctor this morning, and we have both had the jab. We also have a date for the 2nd one, on 2nd June.

I had assumed we weren't going to get anything until the autumn, if you go by all the bad news about Europe.  It was the Astra Zenica jab as well - I suggested to the doctor he had been holding that for us, as it is only fit for the British!

Hello Vaughan your gain is the French's loss

• Like 1

Jab nr 1 done yesterday morning, bit of a headache in the evening, sore arm in bed from 3am so good job I had an early nite. Flu type aches now and still a bit of a dull head but hoping another early nite will be an end to the minor discomfort. At least I know the needle went in, roll on June! Paracetamol didn’t seem to make much difference but I guess I would otherwise be feeling worse. Thanks Oxford & AZ!

1 hour ago, vanessan said:

The government has promised that the second jabs will be available despite the expected shortages. I do hope they manage to keep to that. 

well my surgery are keeping to it, second Pfizer jab done this evening, 5 weeks after the first. and the majority of those attending were 2nd jab, just the one youngster having her first jab

• Like 2

The jabs organised by the local Dr's do not get a date prebooked for the second one, but if you go the the hospitals or the mass vaccination centres you get, at the time, that date prebooked and

given to you.

Hoping it works similarly through your Dr's except they ring you!!!!!

16 minutes ago, marshman said:

The jabs organised by the local Dr's do not get a date prebooked for the second one, but if you go the the hospitals or the mass vaccination centres you get, at the time, that date prebooked and

given to you.

Hoping it works similarly through your Dr's except they ring you!!!!!

yes i got my phone call monday

My second jab was booked with the first one for 12 weeks after.

MIL doctors phoned today to book her second jab and sister in law booked her second jab for 10 April, she had to go elsewhere from her first jab as that site has closed for 3 weeks in April.

I suspect the jabs will go ahead as promised, we may just have to be flexible.

I think if you had the jab through your doctors, then it will depend as the various supplies come in, I know when I was in the post jab waiting area yesterday they were saying that the next batch in would be astra zennica, so depending on how many people they can get hold of in the right group for the vaccines available will depend when you get the call.

It is my belief that as a university town Canterbury has a high population of younger people who dont qualify just yet, so the surgeries have a lower proportion of older patients, this means they have been able to sprint ahead of the field in getting their older patients vaccinated, as I guess they are getting the same number of doses based on patient numbers as other surgeries.

Either way, i am not complaining that I have had my second dose.

Selsie had an NHS letter sent asking him to book online as he was in the next age bracket to be called. He was able to book both appointments. 

I was sent a text via my gp as I have an underlying health condition so had mine a bit earlier than others but haven’t got a date for my second jab. 

We were both allocated different vaccination centres to go to.  

So we are in the same household with the same Gp but different circumstances! 

20 hours ago, marshman said:

Hmmm - thats interesting Grendel. I had the Oxford one eight weeks ago and counting still!!!

Anyone else with experience of longer times with the Oxford jab????

Just got date for 2nd Oxford Jab - 3rd April. Just over 10 weeks between tham.

The vaccine roll out must be going well, my son had notification and has booked in for his first jab, this Saturday. He is 40 years old and as fit as a butchers dog. So that must be good news.

• Like 1

Funny you should that Paul, I'm 48 and had a text about an hour ago.  Booked in for Monday at the very nice Warwickshire Golf and County Club which is a nice 30 minute stroll away.  Probably have to drive as supposed to be working.

The system said I would be contacted shortly to book the 2nd appointment which would be 11 week later.  Only issue is thats the same week as Seawork so have to keep an eye on that - show might be cancelled anyway!

• Like 1

On 24/03/2021 at 22:05, chameleon said:

with astra/zeneca we were told 12 week gap via the surgery

Had my AZ jab six weeks ago at the GPs and was told I'll get a call in 10-12 weeks' time for the second one.

It seems to have worked as a blood test taken last week shows the presence of SARS-CoV-2 S-antibodies. Strangely, there's no trace at all of the Gates' Chip. :default_laugh:

• Haha 2

My wife's 2nd jab has been pushed back a week, supply problem's of the pfizer vaccine was the reason given. She has been working at our local hub these last few weeks as medical support staff. They haven't had any supply of the pfizer vaccine for some time now on the days she's been on duty. It's all been the AZ vaccine. That said they seem to have plenty of the AZ vaccine, last Saturday they vaccinated just over 800 ppl. She was told by her boss, we are ahead of schedule in our area and they hope to complete the programme by mid June here. So good news indeed. 

1 minute ago, andyg said:

they hope to complete the programme by mid June here

Is that allowing for the EU's little dummy spitting episode and India stopping exports for a month or based on previous supply rate?

Let's hope we can keep up the pace.