Most Of The Oldies Have Had The Jab Now.

Chelsea14Ian

I spend around £200 in a normal month on petrol - that's been about £50, but i've burnt £300 of oil since December, plus increased electricity of around £40 / month.

As you say, grendel, not a lot in it.

BUT I suspect many firms will use this as an excuse for no pay rises

Btw, I forgot to mention, I asked at the Keepmoat how many vaccinations they were administering daily on average - around eight hundred they replied.  They also told me there are four other similar stations in Donny that are doing the same, that's around five thousand per day - Impressive

Griff

Matron is a bit put out, she isn't 60 until May but got her letter today, she has her jab booked for 3 days before me at the new mass vaccination centre in the local shopoing centre. Mine is in the hospital site and was booked before the mass centre was confirmed. 

Just happy to be jabbed.

• Like 3

They’re definitely starting on the next age group. I got my letter today too. Booking online means I don’t get the option of the village hall near me but I figured it better to get booked than to wait for the GP to get in touch. It also meant that I had to book my second appointment as well which I found reassuring. 

Closest option was North Walsham. So my appointment is booked for the week after next. Waiting time almost done! I know our children will feel reassured when we’ve both had the vaccination even though they’ve got to wait. 

• Like 3

On 06/03/2021 at 16:32, Jbx5 said:

Same as Jean didn’t want to wait to get Hoveton so Also booked in at North Walsham week on Friday,  overs 55s now so they are getting through the age groups fast😀

John

Glad to hear NW is still going, drove past yesterday on the school run, either closed or empty, car park was certainly empty. Saw on faceplate today that a surgery in Cromer have 80 appointments for Saturday not filled, if over 60 or Group 5 please contact....  I don’t qualify (yet) but would happily soak up the capacity!

My wife had her letter from the NHS last week but the centres were all too far away for convenience so she decided to wait for the surgery to get in touch. We have already taken my MIL to the local jab centre via the surgery and are taking her back tomorrow for seconds, so we know the set up.

My wife nearly gave up and booked a distant one but then this afternoon she got a text from the surgery and she was able to book an appointment at the local place tomorrow, 2 hours after her Mum! Will we be asking the obvious question when we get there? I very much think so....:default_eusa_dance:

I don't know if this has been mentioned - (don't want to trawl through the whole thread) but if you go on the online booking system and get allocated a centre umpteen miles away or a date you don't like, try refreshing it. Mrs Nog was persistent for quite a good few minutes but ended up getting a local centre just a few minutes away on the bus and an appointment  for the next day. I cancelled my appointment and re-did it and got a much better date and time. 

Of course the system is steam driven up here in flat hat land but the same principle may apply. Worth trying. 

Glad to see young Jean is with us too :default_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

I don't know if this has been mentioned - (don't want to trawl through the whole thread) but if you go on the online booking system and get allocated a centre umpteen miles away or a date you don't like, try refreshing it. Mrs Nog was persistent for quite a good few minutes but ended up getting a local centre just a few minutes away on the bus and an appointment  for the next day. I cancelled my appointment and re-did it and got a much better date and time. 

Of course the system is steam driven up here in flat hat land but the same principle may apply. Worth trying. 

Glad to see young Jean is with us too :default_biggrin:

It appears to be very much luck of the draw if someone cancels an appointment just as you refresh and happen to stumble upon it. However you do need to be quick. On two occasions I found a good local appointment, then it asked me to choose my second appointment and by the time I got to confirm my details and click and confirm, it informed me that one of my appointments was no longer available and I needed to start again. Third time around after a bit of refreshing and finding a good appointment I just took all the defaults to get through the second appointment choice as quick as possible to get to the confirmation page and it was third time lucky. Only for my local PCT to text me the next day to say I could book at my local centre this Friday with an even earlier appointment and more local, so I have now cancelled by previous two and hopefully some lucky person logged in just at the right time and has an appointment local to them now. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Meantime said:

However you do need to be quick.

Forgot to mention that, yes you need to be very quick on the draw. Fortunately Mrs Nog has RSA umpteen and is nearly as fast on the keyboard as she is at approaching the bar and ordering a double gin particularly if I'm paying. 

Anecdotal evidence would seem to suggest that direct contact from surgeries in these parts is quite rare. All seems to be letter and self book. 

Guest Jayfire
5 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

All seems to be letter and self book. 

Unlike young Mrs Jean and I, I assume you had your jab a looooooooong while ago Mr Nog Sir :default_biggrin:

:default_hiding:

Well had the second jab tonight, was going to be yesterday but was cancelled. 

Not enough vaccine for second ones, then got a call tonight from my niece at 5pm to get here now too much vaccine, so by 6 we were out done and told to still go by guide lines and 3 weeks before maximum effect.

paul

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

I assume you had your jab a looooooooong while ago Mr Nog Sir :default_biggrin:

ha ha!! nice try Mr Fire sir. No, they've been cracking on in the land of the ferrets and getting down to the youngsters so just had it done. Although I was a bit peeved that Mrs Nog who is younger than me got in first but all down to her afore mentioned keyboard skills. :140_runner:

• Like 2

Will try again.Yesterday on BBC breakfast  and news it was reported  that a small trail  was done regarding  the Pfizer jab on Cancer.Think about 250 took part,not of of which with Cancer.They suggested it may be Advisable to bring forward  the second  jab.This concerned  me a little, so I phoned Cancer  research for advice.The lady said they received many inquiries early on.She reassured me that it was a small survey and more research  required. Due to the fact that my Cancer doesn't require  treatment and because  I'm having my second  jab next month not to worry. 

On 11/03/2021 at 21:08, floydraser said:

My wife had her letter from the NHS last week but the centres were all too far away for convenience so she decided to wait for the surgery to get in touch. We have already taken my MIL to the local jab centre via the surgery and are taking her back tomorrow for seconds, so we know the set up.

My wife nearly gave up and booked a distant one but then this afternoon she got a text from the surgery and she was able to book an appointment at the local place tomorrow, 2 hours after her Mum! Will we be asking the obvious question when we get there? I very much think so....:default_eusa_dance:

Yep, MIL had her second jab, wife had to wait 10 minutes while they changed over from Pfizer to A-Z but they did it.

Again, thanks to all the car park marshalls who are getting intermittent drownings followed by a cold blow dry.:default_trophy:

• Like 1