Most Of The Oldies Have Had The Jab Now.

Chelsea14Ian

16 minutes ago, andyg said:

Everyone is given a card, which records vaccine type,batch number and date. It should also give you the date of your 2nd jab. That is certainly the case at my wife's hub and the hub I used for mine. I assume its the same at local surgeries. Sadly with such a huge undertaking as a national vacation programme there will always be a few that slip threw the net. 

In Hertfordshire, when I had my first jab (Pfizer) which was arranged through work at the local hospital I was given a card and the date and time for my second jab.  However, my husband and daughter who has the AZ jab through the doctor's surgery, got given a card and then had to wait for a text from the doctors to say they could book their second jab.

My eldest daughter in Wales had her first jab through work (Pfizer), was given a second date but this subsequently got brought forward.

36 minutes ago, LizG said:

In Hertfordshire, when I had my first jab (Pfizer) which was arranged through work at the local hospital I was given a card and the date and time for my second jab.  However, my husband and daughter who has the AZ jab through the doctor's surgery, got given a card and then had to wait for a text from the doctors to say they could book their second jab.

My eldest daughter in Wales had her first jab through work (Pfizer), was given a second date but this subsequently got brought forward.

I had the same as your daughter, mine was brought forward by 20 odd days. 

43 minutes ago, LizG said:

It seems to be different wherever you are! We had the AZ vaccine, first and second appointments made together. A friend had the Pfizer but had to wait to be texted for her to arrange the second. The opposite to you, we’re in Kent. 

• Like 1

I had the pfizer via the doctors, and no second date was given, but 5 weeks later I got another call could i get in for a 6pm appointment the next day, so then got my second jab, i think it varies depending upon if it is organised through your surgery, or through a centre, and by suregery to surgery depending upon the procedures they adopt.

• Like 1

Because  I was under the care of Guys and St Thomas hospitals.I had my first jab at Guys,second  at St Thomas.However have had treatment at QE Woolwich,they and my Nurse at my surgery also contacted  me.The one thing that proves you've had or not had the vaccine  is the card,that gives dates and vaccine  used.

• Like 1

I started this post as a joke.Raising the possibility of oldies clubbing it in  Spain etc.

This weekend test events in Liverpool took place.Which was mainly youngster's. I think crowds of about 5.000.All of which tested prior to the event and after.Will be interesting to see if infection rates increase. 

Last week I picked up rapid flow tests for Marina and myself.We did a test yesterday which was negative. With house  hunting this should be helpful.

Even though the UK has done so well with the vaccine programme, and this lockdown. We are still not out of the woods yet.

So when its safe to do so will I be clubbing it in Spain?Sadly my clubbing days are long gone.:default_smiley-angry047:

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Sadly my clubbing days are long gone.

My clubbing days never started, I have been dragged into a couple and hated every second of it, gimme a pub anyday!

I did however have a great sunday afternoon meeting up with a couple of friends I'd not seen since last july outside a good pub and lashings of beer, bliss! Now roll on two weeks time when they open properly.

• Like 6

On 02/05/2021 at 07:03, grendel said:

I had the pfizer via the doctors, and no second date was given, but 5 weeks later I got another call could i get in for a 6pm appointment the next day, so then got my second jab, i think it varies depending upon if it is organised through your surgery, or through a centre, and by suregery to surgery depending upon the procedures they adopt.

We too have been Pfizered and had to travel miles for it.    Some of our immediate neighbours could walk to have their jabs.    Saying that personally I would have travelled anywhere and was so grateful and pleased to have received what I consider to be 'our life' back.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

I started this post as a joke.Raising the possibility of oldies clubbing it in  Spain etc.

This weekend test events in Liverpool took place.Which was mainly youngster's. I think crowds of about 5.000.All of which tested prior to the event and after.Will be interesting to see if infection rates increase. 

Last week I picked up rapid flow tests for Marina and myself.We did a test yesterday which was negative. With house  hunting this should be helpful.

Even though the UK has done so well with the vaccine programme, and this lockdown. We are still not out of the woods yet.

So when its safe to do so will I be clubbing it in Spain?Sadly my clubbing days are long gone.:default_smiley-angry047:

Sounds good Ian apart from the clubbing in Spain.

On 02/05/2021 at 07:33, Chelsea14Ian said:

Because  I was under the care of Guys and St Thomas hospitals.I had my first jab at Guys,second  at St Thomas.However have had treatment at QE Woolwich,they and my Nurse at my surgery also contacted  me.The one thing that proves you've had or not had the vaccine  is the card,that gives dates and vaccine  used.

We are both having our 2nd jabs at Cliff's Pavilion Southend on Sea, this Friday and looking forward to it.

Your reference to QE Woolwich Ian has just taken me back to the early 70's when I was a management trainee for building contractor Higgs and Hill and assigned to the construction of the new Queen Elizabeth Military Hospital as it was then at Woolwich. I was there at the start when Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother laid the foundation stone until the final opening. I learnt so much on this project and went on to project manage many other hospital contracts and other great buildings; retiring in 2017.

Great times now though, we can holiday on the Broads whenever we choose (lock downs permitting).

• Like 1

I don’t think I’ve seen one post where someone has said they won’t be getting the vaccine. I believe there are a lot of ‘anti-vaxers’ around so it’s nice that so many of us are either glad we’ve been jabbed or can’t wait to be. The news that the vaccine is helping stop transmission to an extent is great as well. The sooner everything is opened up again and operating as it should, the better. 

17 hours ago, Hylander said:

Does anyone remember The Miller Hospital in Greenwich.  Mum was a nurse there in the 50s.

Never came across that Hospital.Alan,Nicola were born,in the Hospital in Greenwich. Myself and Marina treated there.Its been a housing  development for many years now.

4 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Never came across that Hospital.Alan,Nicola were born,in the Hospital in Greenwich. Myself and Marina treated there.Its been a housing  development for many years now.

I am not surprised that it was knocked down.   It was very much a hospital on the old scale.      I am speaking of a long time ago,  Mum died at 96 and that was in 2012.      I can recall being a youngster when she was training and she used to practice her bandaging skills on me.   I used to be bound up in all directions.   

We have both just got back from the vaccination centre at Cliff's Pavilion Southend on Sea and feeling a bit like John Prescott - '2 Jabs'  :default_biggrin:

We had a two week holiday on the boat from April 12th and will be back there on Monday. Hurray for the Vaccine!!!

• Like 2

Moving houses and more crucially area, between jabs has caused a minor issue for me.  We’ve registered with the local medical centre and one of the questions asked on the registration form was regarding any injections over the past five years.  I put that I’d had my first Covid jab on 18th February, expecting that it would be heeded and the second one planned accordingly, but it wasn’t.  I’ve had to chase about this week to find out where and when it can be given, but have finally managed to secure an appointment at Thetford tomorrow morning.  I also had a text from our old surgery in Northampton, offering me an appointment on Sunday, but to be honest, a 220 mile round trip for it didn’t really appeal, although I would have gone if I hadn’t got one more locally.